cubeMx not showing SW4STM32 as tool chain even after instalation

RShiv.1
Senior

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @RShiv.1​,

You can find what is new in STM32CubeMX 6.6.0 in this link.

Since STM32CubeMX 6.6.0 released: TrueSTUDIO, System Workbench for STM32 (SW4STM32), and the GPDSC option are removed from the list of supported IDEs in STM32CubeMX.

Note that the SW4STM32 is no more supported for all new series.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thank you

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RShiv.1
Senior

Hi,

I downloaded the ac6 tools from the following link

Index of /downloads/SW4STM32 (ac6-tools.com)

after this I downloaded STMcubeMx...but when I open the project and selected the STM32F103C6 controller...I could not generate using SW4STM32 toolchain...is there any plugin missing kindly let me know..also do I need to link anywhere.

Thanks and regrads

Ravi

gbm
Lead III

Out of pure curiosity: why do you want to use AC6 instead of CubeIDE?

RShiv.1
Senior

Hi ,

Thanks for your response...as we were trying to do I2C communication which was not possible using cubeID...and in some thread we found saying some HAL_Gettick had issue in cubeID..we thought of using AC6..

we are absolutely fine with using cubeID if we could solve I2C issue..I have posted a query

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D73W000001ntQaSAI/detail?fromEmail=1&s1oid=00Db0000000YtG6&s1nid=0DB0X000000DYbd&s1uid=0053W000000dET2&s1ext=0&emkind=chatterCommentNotification&emtm=1668415326780&emvtk=eJK4bUdY8gUIlzhSk4Ve_.sjwoYg8cGUOxIq2m9qhoc%3D

you can check on this and let me know how to proceed.

Thanks

Ravi

RShiv.1
Senior

HI,

Now I got to know that AC6 is now not supported by cubeMx...we cannot choose SW4STM32 as part of toolchain..fine we will use CubeID..but need to know where the problem is with I2C ...Kindly help us though this ..it will be really helpful.

regards

Ravi

RShiv.1
Senior

Hi,

Looks like stmcube Mx for STM32FC6T6 has some issue with I2C generated code...

Let me know if you have any changes to be made after generation so that I can make those changes and see if I2C works...there are cases where people have used I2Cbitbanging and got the I2C working..is that the available solution...any other workaround let me know..My pins as PB6 and PB7..

Thanks

Ravi

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @RShiv.1​,

You can find what is new in STM32CubeMX 6.6.0 in this link.

Since STM32CubeMX 6.6.0 released: TrueSTUDIO, System Workbench for STM32 (SW4STM32), and the GPDSC option are removed from the list of supported IDEs in STM32CubeMX.

Note that the SW4STM32 is no more supported for all new series.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thank you

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

FIne requested I am finding the I2C in the new cubeMx has some issues...would like to know if any suggestions are there so that we shall procees with STM32T103C6T6..I have posted questions on the same.

Thanks

Ravi