cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX code generation error: LwIP API generating in both projects on NUCLEO-H745ZI-Q

Kubagrs
Associate II

I am trying to create a project with Ethernet and LwIP on M4 core of NUCLEO-H745ZI-Q, but when generating code with CubeMX the LwIP directory is included in both cores' projectsThis leads to an error when building the M7 core code. I am using 6.10.0 version of CubeMX. Below you can see the errors that occur.

fatal error: lwip/debug.h: No such file or directory
fatal error: netif/ppp/ppp_opts.h: No such file or directory
fatal error: netif/ppp/ppp_opts.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [Middlewares/Third_Party/LwIP/src/netif/ppp/subdir.mk:91: Middlewares/Third_Party/LwIP/src/netif/ppp/auth.o] Error 1
make: *** [Middlewares/Third_Party/LwIP/src/netif/ppp/subdir.mk:93: Middlewares/Third_Party/LwIP/src/netif/ppp/ccp.o] Error 1
make: *** [Middlewares/Third_Party/LwIP/system/OS/subdir.mk:19: Middlewares/Third_Party/LwIP/system/OS/sys_arch.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

4 REPLIES 4
Mahmoud Ben Romdhane
ST Employee

Hello @Kubagrs ,

First let me thank for posting and welcome to the ST Community,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, I will check it internally and get back to you as soon as possible.

I suggest also that you provide please your ioc.file.

Mahmoud.

Hello Mahmoud,

Thank you for your attention, it's been driving me crazy. I am attaching the ioc.file. Also, I found another error related to code generation. When I initially created the project, it utilized FreeRTOS for both cores along with OpenAMP, in addition to Ethernet and LwIP. Later, when the error mentioned in the first post occurred, I decided to disable FreeRTOS and OpenAMP, but their files were not removed during code generation.

Kuba

Hello @Kubagrs ,

Thank you for your contributions and for your detailed explanations.

I confirm the issue on my side, and I escalated the problem to CubeMX team in an internal ticket

(ID : 172373 ) to take a closer look at this issue.

(PS: ID  : 172373 is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thanks.

Mahmoud.

Kubagrs
Associate II

Hello @Mahmoud Ben Romdhane 

Is there any progress regarding the issue I reported? If not, is there perhaps a way to manually remove the LwIP files from the M7 core project? I tried simply deleting the files from the project tree, but deleting them from the M7 core also removes them from the rest of the project.

Best regards,

Kuba