cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX 6.9.0 Pulls all my custom files from my Keil uVision U585 project when it modifies my project

JRobe.2
Associate III

Hi,

I've used many revisions of the CubeMX configuration tool to maintain a Keil uVision project for a product we are developing.  In the past, upon an updated CubeMx version, I have had to re-add my custom files to the project but from then on CubeMx would leave them in the project. Now, with Ver. 6.9.0, any time CubeMx updates my Keil project it removes all my files and also steps on my include directory list. Pulling my stuff out.
Does anyone have any guidance?

Thanks.

SR

7 REPLIES 7
Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hello @JRobe.2 

Thank you for your contributions and for your detailed explanations.

I confirm the issue on my side, it has been reported to STM32CubeMX development team .

Internal ticket number: 157222 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

I will keep you posted with updates.

Thx

Ghofrane

Brieuc
Associate II

Hello,

I confirm the issue, in my case regenerating the project configuration inside STM32CubeIde deletes my custom files in Core and Middleware directories.

To add some information, the custom directories at the root of the project are not affected. Only the custom files in the generated directories.

Thanks for the fast confirmation.
Hope the resolution comes shortly.

Thanks,

Scot R

Markko67
Associate II

JLink configuration is also lost, as well as memory allocation (Flash/Ram)

Do you have a timeframe for fixing V6.9.0?

I may need to revert to V6.8.1. I am experiencing UART/DMA problems that were not in previous U5 SDK/CubeMX builds.  Can I install V6.8.1 on top of V6.9.0?  Should I uninstall first?

Thanks ST.

Scot R

Zaher
Senior II

I just experienced the same issue with CubeMX 6.9.2, as I generated the project files for Keil uVision, my custom sources were vanished. The problem is, these were not added from another project. They were sources I was working on for the past 8 hours!