cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BUG] CubeMX removes linker library search path on code regeneration

fronders
Senior

I have a project created with CubeMX v6.8.0 and HAL L4 v1.17.2. Using Windows 10 x64

Today I wanted to update it using CubeMX v6.9.2 and HAL L4 v1.18.0, and when regenerating, CubeMX wiped the linker settings "Library search path". I remember this happenning earlier too

Here's the diff from .cproject file after regeneration.

fronders_0-1697538843631.png

UPD: found out it only happens if there are no libraries in the include list

This config gets regenerated okay (from another project):

fronders_0-1697552243655.png

And this config gets library search path wiped on regeneration

fronders_1-1697552270393.png

I need the library search path to include extra linker scripts located elsewhere

4 REPLIES 4
Mahmoud Ben Romdhane
ST Employee

Hello @fronders,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your post.

I tried to reproduce your request. In fact, I have created a project using CubeMX v6.8.0 and CubeIDE 12.0.

Then I added the link of the library indicated in the screenshot.

I made the migration to CubeMX 6.9.2 and I generated the code to CubeIDE 13.2, but the problem is not reproduced and there is no loss of the library path.

I suggest that you provide more information in order to identify the defect cause.

Thanks.

Mahmoud.

I have a similar problem with both, CubeIDE 1.13 and 1.14. One library path is modified and gets a wrong path. I will post it on an extra topic because the problem is not exactly the same...

@Mahmoud Ben Romdhane I still get this on CubeMX v6.10.0 with CubeG0 v1.6.2 this time with another project. The library search path had a ".." path which was removed. I normally add this path so I can include some extra linker files located at the root of the project.

fronders_0-1710181112317.png

Hello @fronders ,

I have just reproduced your request, and the issue was not noticeable as discussed.

I made a simple project with STM32G030C6T6, and I have included this library:

"libSTM32Cryptographic_CM0_CM0PLUS.a"

X-CUBE-CRYPTOLIB - STM32 cryptographic firmware library software expansion for STM32Cube - STMicroelectronics

After generating the code and upgrading the firmware from FW_G0 V1.6.0 to FW_G0 V1.6.2.

I am able to find the same lib and the library search path was not removed.

MahmoudBenRomdhane_0-1710411687173.png

Thanks.

Mahmoud.