cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An issue with the LWIP UDP RX buffer (STM32H753)

rLand.21
Associate II

Hello, community.

So, we are using STM32F753 and activated the LWIP library from the CubeMx.

We use a UDP socket to send strings (used as commands for our own made CLI protocol).

When reading the Rx buffer in the STM, we see that the strings are sometimes received wrong.

For example, we send the following strings over the UDP (the content itself is not important):

"ver 4d" - Received correctly in the Rx buffer

"pwmgen 100 ef" - Received as "pwer" (some kind of a mix with the previous packet)

This mix causes misreading of the string and therefore the CLI protocol not working.

We hope to find some direction to the solution.

If any more details are needed, I'll be happy to provide them.

Thanks,

Raz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @rLand.2​  and welcome to the Community 🙂,

Please follow this article "Ethernet not working on STM32H7x3", it may resolve your problem.

Also, I advise you to take a look at this FAQ: How to create project for STM32H7 with Ethernet and LwIP stack working. This FAQ may help you to configure your project in STM32CubeMX .

I hope this help you!

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Is D cache enabled? Do you flush & invalidate it properly? Search this forum for related threads.

Hi Pavel,

Can you elaborate on the D cache thing? where do I enable it and what does it do?

Thanks!

Your reply indicates that you are new to STM32F7 or Cortex-M7​ generally. ST has a Programming Manual for their Cortex-M7 family, there you can find this information.

See also this document, it applies to STM32F7 too.

I mistakenly referred to F7, rather than H7 which is our processor.

I guess it doesn't really matter, but just FYI.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @rLand.2​  and welcome to the Community 🙂,

Please follow this article "Ethernet not working on STM32H7x3", it may resolve your problem.

Also, I advise you to take a look at this FAQ: How to create project for STM32H7 with Ethernet and LwIP stack working. This FAQ may help you to configure your project in STM32CubeMX .

I hope this help you!

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Ok, it seems the address configurations we have set were wrong and it looks better now in a demo.

We are now running the full application with the fix to fully test it and hopefully resolve this ticket 🙂

Thank you so much!

rLand.21
Associate II

Thank you for the help guys!

KDJEM.1 has brought us the solution.

Really appreciated!

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @rLand.2​ ,

Glad to know that the issue is already fixed 🙂.

Thank you for your contribution in STCommunity.

Kaouthar

Piranha
Chief II

> to fully test it

Regardless of the results the HAL/Cube is an unreliable broken bloatware anyway...

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BOtfhnSQB/how-to-make-ethernet-and-lwip-working-on-stm32