cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will GPDSC option be removed in the near future in STM32CubeMX?

SMade.1
Associate

I get this message whenever I try generating code with the "Other Toolchains (GPDSC)" in STM32CubeMX:

The support of the “Tool chain / IDE�? you have selected will be soon discontinued in further STM32CubeMX version.

If you want to benefit from further STM32CubeMX evolutions for your project, we advise you to target STM32CubeIDE or other IDE.

I'm currently using this option to generate code for my IDE. Is this option being taken away soon? If so, what will my options be other than only using STM32CubeIDE?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @SMade.1​ ,

Thanks for your question,

The answer is yes, SW4STM32, TrueSTUDIO and GPDSC will be completely removed from the “Tool Chain / IDE�? list , whatever the product family, for that, a warning message appears to inform you, when you select one of them as IDE.

In addition to STM32CubeIDE , you can also use EWARM , KEIL and Makefile.

Hope my answer helped you 🙂 When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thanks, Khouloud

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @SMade.1​ ,

Thanks for your question,

The answer is yes, SW4STM32, TrueSTUDIO and GPDSC will be completely removed from the “Tool Chain / IDE�? list , whatever the product family, for that, a warning message appears to inform you, when you select one of them as IDE.

In addition to STM32CubeIDE , you can also use EWARM , KEIL and Makefile.

Hope my answer helped you 🙂 When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thanks, Khouloud

Thanks so much! Just wanted to make sure whatever IDE I'm using will be able to handle the change!

JKapp.1
Associate

Why will GPDSC be removed? It's very important for the whole ARM CMSIS-Pack process. How would I use CubeMX based projects in CI/CD and CMSIS-Pack?