cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 MP157 SSH Debugging

MHerz.1
Associate II

Hello, I currently working with a STM32MP157D-DK1 Development Board. I populated the board with a prebuild openstlinux 6.1 build. A SSH connection via console is successful.

To get the M4 microcontroller running I was able to build a .elf file from the GPIO_EXTI example given by the STM32Cube_FW_MP1_V1.6.0. The .elf can be uploaded into the /boot/ directory via the scp command. By configuring Boot From an SD Card the M4 starts running an executes the just uploaded .elf file.

In order to debug the software I want to use the STM32CubeIDE Debug Configuration 'thru Linux core (Production mode)'. Unfortunatly I'm not able to connect my board with the given Target status widget, which is necessary for a successful connection build up. When i try to connect my board via the "Connections" Window -> right click SSH setup -> "Open Connection", I get the following generic error: 

"

Error opening connections
Session.connect: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

"

Creating a connection by clicking "Open Command Shell" works aswell. Trying to Debug and Flash via the ST-Link USB Connection works without any problems. Has anyone an idea where the problem is hidden?

Firmware: 

• stm32mp1-openstlinux-6.1-yocto-mickledore-mp1-v23.06.21

Programm Switch:

• 1 = ON
  • 2 = ON

STM32CubeIDE 

• Version: 1.13.1
  • Build: 17479_20230728_0839 (UTC)

Setup

• Ethernet Cable connected (SSH via Console approved)
  • Power Supply enabled

SSH Config Propertys:

• Host : 192.168.2.99
  • User: root
  • Public Key based authentication: enabled
3 REPLIES 3
MHerz.1
Associate II

Is any information missing? Can anyone help?

MHerz.1
Associate II

Still unresolved.

debugging
Senior III

https://www.st.com/resource/en/product_training/STM32MP1-Ecosystem-Trace_and_debug.pdf

Does not show a path to debug the M4 via network. Network debugging to the kernel requires GDB. Perhaps this pdf gives some hints.