cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production mode STM323CubeIDE / ST-Link v2 / DFU - Settings?

Steffen Rose
Associate III

I work on Windows and use the STM32CubeIDE 1.6.1. I want to program and debug the M4 part, On the A7 part Linux is working.

My current state is, that The A7 is in Bootloader mode and the DFU per USB is connected and shown in Windows (Gerätemanager) as USB device. There is no serial port.

In the debug settings STM32CubeIDE require a serial port.

With STM32CubeProgrammer USB1 connects and seems to work

At the end of the day I want to create and debug a M4 program.

Thx

Steffen

2 REPLIES 2
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi,

It is not possible to debug while A7 is in Bootloader mode.

To debug M4 FW in 'Production mode', you should have Linux up and running (e.g. Starter Package on ST board like STM32MP157F-DK2).

Such debug needs:

• Ethernet (or USB OTG device with 'Ethernet Over USB'). CubeIDE use SSH to e.g. load M4 FW in the filesystem and start M4 copro
  • a serial port (e.g. using STM32MP157F-DK2 board Virtual Comm Port bring by STLINK-V2) to get the Linux console
  • STLINK-Vx to debug the M4 FW using SWD

It is also possible to debug M4 FW in standalone using 'Engineering Mode' (but obviously, not possible to use Linux communication like RPMsg)

See also https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32CubeIDE#Arm-C2-AE_Cortex-C2-AE-M_debug_on_STM32_MPU_device

and https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Getting_started/STM32MP1_boards/STM32MP157x-DK2/Develop_on_Arm%C2%AE_Cortex%C2%AE-M4/Modify,_rebuild_and_reload_a_firmware

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you very much. It seems my problem is possible different, means earlier.

I'm using a customer board and a extra ST Link hardware.

I want to use "5.2 Production mode" from the wiki and the described workflow.

My problem is step 1.

I understand, the bootloader mode is the wrong way. I have to ask the customer for serial port connection.

Thank you.