cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify debug load mode of stm32mp157f-dk2

Kalpesh1
Associate II

I am using stm32mp157f-dk2 and followed https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Getting_started with help of stmcubeIDE.

I am able to debug M4 core and also see SWV prints with ST A7 image and M4 image. Both images are available through above ST web site.

I want to try same thing with my Linux image but I am struggling because M4.elf is not getting transferred with default STMcube debug configuration as default debug configuration expects "root" and do not allow to modify username. Is there any way to modify username or is there any way to change debug launch configuration

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjxDbQAI.png 

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjxC9QAI.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjxCsQAI.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjxEFQAY.png As User name field is "READ ONLY" thus I am not able to modify. Is there any way to modify these debug configuration

4 REPLIES 4
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @Kalpesh​ ,

Connection as user "root" is the usual way and it might works.

I'm not sure it's the reason of transfer failure.

Did you check each points as recommended:

• Check your physical connection.
  • Check system is running linux

-> Linux is up and running and you can ping the board @10.265.2.134 ?

• check proxy bypass -> you might explicitly add target to bypass list.

Please confirm and we can check further.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Kalpesh1
Associate II

Thanks @Community member​ for replying.

1. I am able to ping 10.265.2.134 and it is not proxy problem as file gets transferred with ST Linux image.
  2. I am not able to transfer M4.elf with my Linux image. Looks like it is not allowed for root to transfer file over ssh. Please check following wireshark log. If I can change username somehow then I think I could able to transfer M4.elf file. Is there any way to modify username (launch configuration)

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bk9OCQAY.pngGoal : Finally I want to see SWV prints in production mode of STM32MP1

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @Kalpesh​ ,

What version or OpenSTLinux are you using ?

ST starter package or an image build on your own?

I read "my linux image" so probably custom one ...

Can you send the last line of boot log before prompt ? Do you have somethink like this ?

stm32mp1 login: root (automatic login)
root@stm32mp1:~#

Are you able to "ssh root@10.265.2.134" out of CubeIDE ?

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Kalpesh1
Associate II

Boot up prompt :

STMCubeIDE : 1.12.1

OpenSTLinux : Image attached below

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkBDqQAM.png 

SSH connectivity with putty : (New IP received 10.235.2.148)

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkBFqQAM.png 

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkBFCQA2.png