cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE project for STM32MP1 generates unwanted Linux files. How do I prevent this?

LThal.1
Associate II

I'm creating a project using STM32CubeIDE for the STM32MP1. I've followed the steps outlined in AN5630. I notice in the root project, under CA7\DeviceTree, that the directories for kernel, tf-a and u-boot are created. I'm planning on creating either a bare metal project or an RTOS based project, not a Linux based project. What caused the generation of these directories and how do I get rid of them, assuming I need to? Thanks

Lee Thalblum

2 REPLIES 2
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

AN5630 is not part of the STM32MP1 literature. Are you sure of your reference ?

Anyway, ST is only delivering and supporting Linux for A7 part of the STM32MP15.

STM32CubeIDE is not capable to load bare code into A7 target.

Road to go for bare or RTOS is not smooth but I remember I read some useful hint in this community such as :

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BL8fA2SQJ/how-to-be-able-to-use-the-a7-cores-without-linux-on-a-stm32mp157-

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
LThal.1
Associate II

Hi Olivier,

You're correct, I mistyped AN5360 "Getting started with projects based on the STM32MP1 Series in STM32CubeIDE". I will look at the link you provided. Thanks.

Lee