cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the target MPU in STM32CubeIDE in an existing project?

Colorado Russ
Associate II

I'm currently using STM32CubeIDE v1.8.0 on Windows-10

The existing project was targeted for STM32MP157F, because that's the part we had available. I need to generate device tree files for a STM32MP153C, but I don't see any way to change the target MPU in the existing project...

6 REPLIES 6
Colorado Russ
Associate II

Looks like this feature is not supported, but there may be a workaround ...

https://community.st.com/s/article/mcu1-to-mcu2-migration-option-within-stm32cubeide

Colorado Russ
Associate II

I attempted to migrate from STM32MP157F to STM32MP153C using the standalone CubeMX tool, but failed because "multiple context"

Output says "Project Import failed: Import 'STM32MP153AACx' not supported (multiple context)

Does "multiple context" mean dual core?

Every STM32MP1 is dual core!0693W00000Y75QiQAJ.jpg 

Any updates on this?

eng88
Associate

Any updates on this? I received the same "multiple context" error when I try to import a project, even when importing a project into the exact same MCU.

eng88
Associate

Sounds like the import functionality is not supported when selecting a dual-core microcontroller in the STM32H7 series (and this might apply to other dual-core systems, too). This info is mentioned on page 16 here, "Import from and to dual-core STM32H7 is not supported."

ravo
Senior

Is there really not possible to change the exact type of processor additionally after development on discovery kit ?

I am just starting new project and for real application I suppose that I will need to switch to different type/model but same STM32MP13x family. Is there any progress with this, or these problems are related only to STM32MP15x (with dual-core microcontroller) ?

I would like correct @Colorado Russ previous post, as he wrote "Every STM32MP1 is dual core" it is not correct. STM32MP13x is single core A7 for whole series and STM32MP151 is also single core A7.

Regards

Radim