cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I program a STM32MP157 using STM32CubeIDE and without OS?

CJans.1
Associate III

I would like to program a STM32MP157 using STM32CuneIDE. So by cofiguring the peripherals, generating some interfacing code and make everything work using interrupt driver routines. I do not want to use some operating system. Just writing code for each core.

Is that possible?

3 REPLIES 3
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @CJans.1​ ,

It is possible to program STM32MP157 in bare metal on M4 cortex, with using CubeIDE / CubeMX tools suite. (https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Getting_started/STM32MP1_boards/STM32MP157x-EV1/Develop_on_Arm%C2%AE_Cortex%C2%AE-M4).

However, if you want to program in bare metal on A7 cortex (that host the Linux Kernel in our configuration), it is also possible but ST does not provide support for it. I know open source projects on Github explain this, and I advice you to take a look at it if you want to go in this direction.

Kind regards,

Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
CJans.1
Associate III

Can I select FreeRTOS in stead of Linux for the A7 core(s)?

@CJans.1​ ,

In theory you can but it will need investigations on your side, as the only thing that ST support on A7 cortex is Linux (When I say support, I mean in term of customer support).

Kind regards,

Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.