cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The BSP example for STM32F429I-Disc1 with STM32CubeIde crashes.

AIann.3
Associate II

Good morning! I have a problem with the STM32F429I-DISC1 board. I bought this board a few weeks ago and with the STMCubeIde software (v. 1.12.0) I downloaded the BSP example for this board together with the STM32CubeF4 package (v. STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.27.0). After compiling the project and loading it into the board (Run as STM32 C/C++ Application), the execution hangs during the calibration of the touch-screen (activate the colored circle inside the rectangle). I tried with various PCs with Windows 10 Pro (I7 and I5 with 16 GB of RAM) and also on a Linux Kubuntu v.22.04 machine but the anomaly always occurs. Another example (LTDC_Display_2Layers) works correctly. I also tried to use another STM32F429I-DISC1 card but the problem remains. Can anyone enlighten me on this? Thank you!

11 REPLIES 11

Thank you, Moez.

I edited the files STM32F429I.discovery.h and STM32F429I.discovery.ts.c but, since I'm a newbie, I don't know how to add "USE_STM32F429I_DISCOVERY_REVD" define in the toolchain's pre-processor options. Can you tell me the procedure?

Best regards,

AIann

Hello @AIann.3​ 

Could you please provide me which IDE are you using?

if you are using EWAR ( IAR), the stpes below helps you to add USE_STM32F429I_DISCOVERY_REVD" define in the toolchain's pre-processor options:

1/ click right button on your project as screenshot below
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjbZWQAY.png2/ choose c/c++ Compiler , Then click on the Preprocessor : in the block

defined symbols add your define

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjbctQAA.png