cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE Register View Problem

xpress_embedo
Associate III

Hello Everyone

I am using the latest STM32CubeIDE i.e. 1.10.1, and I am facing a strange problem.

In the register view of the Special Function Register, I have a problem.

0693W00000VOHdqQAH.pngAs can be seen above the RCC->CR register value is 0x30006783

This means that Bit 28 and Bit 29 are set, these bits are PLLSAIRDY and PLLSAION, but here it looks like some wrong mapping is done, these two bits are not shown in the SRF view

0693W00000VOHfDQAX.pngCan someone please suggest why this is happening, am I doing something wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @xpress_embedo​,

Thank you for bringing this issue our attention.

I confirm the issue: The 28 and 29 bits filed for the RCC_CR register are missing in the STM32F429.svd file.

I reported internally.

Internal ticket number: 137645 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Which STM32?

JW

Provide more details.

The .SVD files seem to have a lot of issues with completeness / correctness. These are used to describe registers, and bit level content.

@KDJEM.1​ 

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
xpress_embedo
Associate III

Hi @Community member​ 

The STM32 is STM32F429Z and I am using STM32F429I-DISC Board, this information was shared in the image attached in the main post.

0693W00000VOHfDQAX.pngHi @Community member​ Can you please tell me what information is needed from my side?

Per-bit decodes of bits 28-29 are missing. It ends at 27. Nothing is wrong, just incomplete.

The part number you provided might get you a more specific answer from ST.

The related .SVD file, in ASCII, within the packages should be readable

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @xpress_embedo​,

Thank you for bringing this issue our attention.

I confirm the issue: The 28 and 29 bits filed for the RCC_CR register are missing in the STM32F429.svd file.

I reported internally.

Internal ticket number: 137645 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank You