cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STLink Server with MacOS 15

jdw
Associate II

Hello,

I updated to Mac15 (MacOS Sonoma Public Beta), which was probably a mistake. Now I get an error from STMCubeIDE when I try to run indicating "ST-Link Server is required to launch the debug session" and to Please download it on www.st.com.  

I figured something changed in the OS that no longer makes the ST-Link Server run any more.

However when I try to download it, I get essentially a broken link, or at least it simply wont download. Even worse, the web page with Safari seems entirely broken and I cant even get a download to start after accepting the license, but with FireFox I get further, I get but still wont download and the link seems broke.

I can still flash using the STM32CubeProgrammer fortunately (using 2.13.1).

Can anyone tell me how to download this ST-Link Server? Or if there is an issue with the last MacOS and this and there is no fix?

14 REPLIES 14

Rohdea, I made an ST account specifically to thank you. You saved me such a hassle. Thanks!!!

Gracias por la solución, funciona bien con con la versión 15.0 oficial, espero que solucionen pronto el problema de incopatibilidad. Nuevamente GRACIAS!!!!!!!

That works for me! Thanks!

Bouzid-s
Associate II

macOS 15 not yet supported.

possible solution :

run the following command in the external terminal, the GDB server starts properly, and I'm able to debug the application. I use then remote GDB server (localhost with default port)

/Applications/STM32CubeIDE.app/Contents/Eclipse/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.stlink-gdb-server.macos64_2.1.400.202404281720/tools/bin/ST-LINK_gdbserver -cp/Applications/STMicroelectronics/STM32Cube/STM32CubeProgrammer/STM32CubeProgrammer.app/Contents/MacOs/bin/STM32_Programmer_CLI youpath_to_project_debug_project.elf

or copy it from the debug configuration.

This starts the GDB server and loads my application without any issues.

Thanks, It worked!