cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrated from STM32CubeIDE V1.6 to CubeIDE V1.7 and now an F103C6T6 application refuses to debug consistently and continuously resets. Using RTOS, CAN and timers 1 & 3. Any ideas

PEnde.1
Associate II
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PEnde.1
Associate II

Found it. It seems that by default the IWDG is on so is causing resets. Solved by including the IWDG initialisation and servicing resets to it in the main thread. Something must have changed in the startup(F103C6tx) to have done this as this project was working properly when built with MXCubeIDE V1.6.0

Anyway all solved and working again. I guess having the watchdog running isn't such a bad thing anyway.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

> F103C6T6

knock-off chip and/or programmer?

> refuses to debug consistently

Perhaps provide a more detailed description.

> continuously resets

Determine the cause of the reset in RCC->CSR.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
PEnde.1
Associate II

Could only be a knock off chip and / or programmer if Farnell are supplying knock offs which I very much doubt. This worked perfectly prior to updating from V1.6.1 to 1.7.0. RCC_CSR shows reset being caused by Low Power management and software resets. (I had already been down that path).

PEnde.1
Associate II

Found it. It seems that by default the IWDG is on so is causing resets. Solved by including the IWDG initialisation and servicing resets to it in the main thread. Something must have changed in the startup(F103C6tx) to have done this as this project was working properly when built with MXCubeIDE V1.6.0

Anyway all solved and working again. I guess having the watchdog running isn't such a bad thing anyway.