cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage embedded software selection not doing anything

christophersmith1618
Associate II

I have an H755ZL and so I downloaded CubeIDE and CubeMX to begin familiarizing myself. I am unable to install the cubeMX H7 package so I cannot generate any code for my MCU. In either CubeIDE or CubeMX when I go to "manage embedded software" nothing happens. I also cannot login as nothing happens when I click that either. 

11 REPLIES 11
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello and welcome to the community.

Could you please share warning or error messages you are facing?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
christophersmith1618
Associate II

There are no warning or error message, no messages of any kind. When I click on the selection in the drop down nothing happens.

Ok not sure I understood the issue.

Do you mean when you want to select "Manage Software Packs" from "Software Packs" menu nothing happens?

SofLit_1-1712330521907.png

In fact this window should show up:

SofLit_0-1712330445978.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
christophersmith1618
Associate II

Yes that is exactly what I mean

Did you try to uninstall/install CubeMx?

Could you please provide the version of CubeMx? which platform?

christophersmith1618
Associate II

I just downloaded CubeMX and CubeIDE so they are the latest versions. I have not tried uninstalling yet. I am on windows 7

Try to uninstall/install it and get back to us with the results.

This may or may not be the issue, but Windows7 has not been supported since some time before CubeMX version 6.2 (March 2021).  It was supported in CubeMX 5.6, and I don't have any release notes for versions between 5.6 and 6.2.

@Semer CHERNI could confirm this point.