cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I show stack traces of ALL threads when using FreeRTOS?

arnold_w
Senior

I'm working with the "NUCLEO-U575ZI-Q" development board and I compile using STM32CubeIDE 1.6.1. My project uses FreeRTOS and if I debug my project and halt execution, then I can see the currently executing thread's stack trace in the upper left part of STM32CubeIDE and the current line of code of execution is highlighted. Is there a way to someone (not necessarily inside STM32CubeIDE) show the stack traces of all threads? And, as a bonus, is it possible to show/highlight the lines of code that each thread last executed on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wijeden RHIMI
ST Employee

Hello @arnold_w,

In cube 1.7.0 and the later versions you have the features that you need, and you have to enable it in the debug configuration.

Maybe those two screenshots could help you:

0693W00000WJyYOQA1.png0693W00000WJyY9QAL.pngwijeden,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @arnold_w​,

I assume that this post done by @mattias norlander​ will help you: RTOS debug with STM32CubeIDE.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Wijeden RHIMI
ST Employee

Hello @arnold_w,

In cube 1.7.0 and the later versions you have the features that you need, and you have to enable it in the debug configuration.

Maybe those two screenshots could help you:

0693W00000WJyYOQA1.png0693W00000WJyY9QAL.pngwijeden,

SS13
Associate II

Maybe I should’ve worded the original question:

“I want to change the path for where the STM32CubeIDE writes the source code files generated when the .ioc file changes and new source code is generated. 

I am working on a project based on an SDK Example, and we are adding in new middleware components. Because of this, I are writing code, and then regenerating the BSP (initialization code) mid-project by changing the ioc file when new components are added.

The problem is, in the meantime, the project ‘folder tree’ has been restructured, so the “Core�? folder where the source is generated to, no longer exists.

I expect that changing this ‘output path’ should be possible.

However, the User Manual here:

https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/um1718-stm32cubemx-for-stm32-configuration-and-initialization-c-code-generation-stmicroelectronics.pdf

Section 6 : STM32CubeMX C Code generation overview

… doesn’t seem to clearly explain how to do this.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

@SS13​ Please create a new thread. Can admins help to move?