cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H7 ADC3 does no longer offer selection for temperature after update to IDE 1.15

kdh
Associate

Hi there,

after updating to STM32CubeIDE 1.15.0 with H7 Package 1.11.1 H7 ADC3 does no longer offer selection for Temperature Reference, VBat and Vrefint Channels. Screenshot was made with V1.14, missing selections are marked : - ]

kdh_1-1710932020575.png

Best regards, kdh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello @kdh 

The internal ticket 176638 (not accessible by the community users) has been created to confirm/fix the issue.

Seems to be a regression in v6.11 of CubeMx vs V6.10.
I'll keep you informed by any feedback.
Thank you for your contribution.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
SofLit
ST Employee

Hi,

I will check internally and get back to you with a feedback. Thanks

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

hello,

i am seeing the same thing

thanks

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Sorry for the confusion, it is now "hidden" behind the respective ADC channel. You'll find it e.g. for the STM32H723 behind a selection of IN17. Pleae check the reference manual for your device to find the correct ADC channel.

[edit] I was too quick - my statement is true for ADC2, IN17. It is (currently) not true for the VBAT channel, which should be available via ADC2, IN16, but there is no IN16 visible [/edit]

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

OK, explicitly I'm talking about H743ZG - you might win a price if you show me where to find chanells with higher number than 11 in IOC - regards, kdh

JensH
Associate III

Hi @Peter BENSCH ,

this is what the manual of the H723 shows:

JensH_0-1710938850296.png

There are no channels 16, 17 and 18 for ADC3. Why is there an option for vrefint at ADC2, I can't find this connection in the manual.

Best regards

Jens

hopefully it helps in the end . . .

i am disappointed that when i migrated my project, all of the existing adc3 code was stripped out and not updated to the "hidden" settings

i am using an STM32H753XIH6

looking at table-207 of RM0433-Rev-8, i think the temperature sensor should be using adc3 IN18, but adc3 does not seem to have an IN18, and adc1's and adc2's IN18 drop-down only lists differential and single-ended

what am i doing wrong here?

@JensH agree, there is something misleading. Fig. 163 is showing

• VBAT/4 connected alternatively to ADC2, VINP[16]
  • VREFINT connected alternatively to ADC2, VINP[17]

and the footnotes at table 223 mention:

1. ADC2 VINP[17] alternate connection can be switched though SYSCFG_ADC2ALT register (section 12.4.10).
  2. ADC2 VINP[16] alternate connection can be switched though SYSCFG_ADC2ALT register.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Essentially the same problem as there.

SofLit
ST Employee

Hello @kdh 

The internal ticket 176638 (not accessible by the community users) has been created to confirm/fix the issue.

Seems to be a regression in v6.11 of CubeMx vs V6.10.
I'll keep you informed by any feedback.
Thank you for your contribution.