cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug: STM32CubeIDE: Perspectives are a total mess

Lars Beiderbecke
Senior III

STM32CubeIDE makes a total mess of perspectives!

I have a custom layout for the C/C++ perspective. Whenever the debugger is invoked, that layout is trashed. I can reorder the Debug layout and save it under Debug, but the next time the debugger is invoked, it's again a mess.

Part of the program could be that there seem to be two different Debug perspectives:

0693W000000W3OKQA0.png

But when I try to save my layout, I'm offered only one of these perspective:

0693W000000W3OPQA0.png

Please fix this mess! TrueStudio got it exactly right.

1 REPLY 1
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

This is default Eclipse behavior so it should be the same behavior as in TrueSTUDIO.

I believe this behavior is because you've saved your custom "Debug" perspective with the same name as the default "Debug".

The perspective list will still only show one instance of the “Debug�? perspective using the “Debug�? icon, but the perspective “toolbar�? in the top right can now show both the proper Debug-Debug perspective and your Custom-Debug perspective.

It seems that launching a debug session will actually open your Custom-Debug perspective instead of the Debug-Debug perspective.

I would recommend to click on your Custom-Debug perspective in the perspective toolbar menu and then select save as again, but now call it “Debug2�? or something other than an existing perspective.

After this, launching a debug session again will open the original Debug-Debug perspective, not “Debug2�?.