cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4K resolution screens: CubeIDE Device configuration tool too small to read

Edimahler
Associate III

Hi,

Almost 4 years ago Imen DAHMEN (ST Employee) promised us to address the 4K displaying problem using CubeMX. It was (IMHO) never solved, I was working with the Windows compatibility mode instead, which solved some part of the problem, but some fields couldn't be read/written in the configuration settings anyway.

Now the CubeIDE came out, where it's not possible anymore to start the configuration tool using Win10 in compatibility mode anymore - and the PROBLEM IS STILL NOT SOLVED!

Please ST, do something. It's just not possible to work with the CubeIDE, when you want to make the configurations using the configuration tools with high resolution screens!

Thanks for addressing this ASAP and taking this serious this time...

Best regards, Simon

8 REPLIES 8

Agreed, long term issue. Still apparently need to buy the dev team and QA staff some 4K monitors..

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Do they have QA staff? :o

I have my doubts about staffing of Software Quality Assurance, and User Interface/Experience positions.

There are just too many issues with sloppy fit-n-finish that create a whole lot of unnecessary and frustrating support issues. Generally in the support arena the goal is to reduce call volume, and time on call, by identifying and addressing all of the stupid and recurring issues, so the team can focus on actual and bigger failure issues, or spot trends, which is hard to do if there is a lot of problem noise.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TDK
Guru

ST is hardly the only offender in not properly supporting 4K screen. Agreed it is annoying.

There are compatibility settings to make it appear like it does on normal displays. That makes it look the same as on a non-high DPI display. Just a bit ugly.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Aymen CHAKROUN
ST Employee

Hi,,

You can use the Large font size in STM32CubeIDE as it's was done in STM32CubeMX standalone, please follow this:

Windows > STM32Cube > Device Configuration Tool > Font size

Regards,

Aymen.

Edimahler
Associate III

0693W000000VJX6QAO.jpgHi Aymen,

Thanks for this tipp!! Found it under

Window > PREFERENCES > STM32Cube > Device Configuration Tool > Font size.

This indeed helps for most of the text, but especially the text in the registertabs and the icons are not are not (yet) influenced by that (see attached screenshot). But it's definitely possible to work like this, thanks!

One recommendation: Wouldn't it be an easy thing to switch this automatically after installing the CubeIDE, so all people with 4K screens don't have to struggle over this? Pretty sure many out there still had the same problem and couldn't find this settings...

Thanks again, this solved the problem for me.

Hello,

@Aymen CHAKROUN​ thank you so much !! this solved my resolution problem

best regards

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Apparently, it looks like a tweak is no longer necessary.

I have installed STM32CubeIDE 1.12.1 completely new on a Windows machine with a 4K screen: it is perfectly readable without any extra setup and without a magnifying glass.

The Font Size setting mentioned above does not exist (any more), instead you can set Display Size = small, medium and large, but these have no influence on the GUI fonts. In my humble opinion, small and medium are the optimal font sizes; with large, the font of e.g. CubeMX is much too large.

Hope this is acceptable now?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.