cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WL55: Why is Makefile grayed out in STM32CubeMX?

MTall.3
Associate II

I'm trying to create a Makefile-based project for the STM32WL55CCUx microcontroller but it's not possible.

Why is it disabled? Is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance.

0693W00000AOoAEQA1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @MTall.3​,

First let me welcome you to the STM32 Community 😊

Actually Makefile toolchain (as well as TrueSTUDIO and GPDSC) are not available for multicontext SOCS.

Otherwise, starting the project based on STM32WL55 as Single Core, it will be possible to select Makefile as toolchain :

0693W00000AOswvQAD.pngHope this answers your question. If it is the case, please click on the Select as Best button on my reply in order to help other members of the community find the answer more quickly.

Khouloud.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @MTall.3​,

First let me welcome you to the STM32 Community 😊

Actually Makefile toolchain (as well as TrueSTUDIO and GPDSC) are not available for multicontext SOCS.

Otherwise, starting the project based on STM32WL55 as Single Core, it will be possible to select Makefile as toolchain :

0693W00000AOswvQAD.pngHope this answers your question. If it is the case, please click on the Select as Best button on my reply in order to help other members of the community find the answer more quickly.

Khouloud.

In which moment ask STM32CubeMx to choose dual/single core new project?

If you choose File -> New Project and search for a part that has dual cores (e.g. stm32wl55cc), STM32CubeMx asks you about dual/single core right after you have double clicked the chosen part

Hm.. very interesting.

He asks me if I choose stm32wl55cc, but does not if I choose stm32h745zi.

But both chips are dual core.

Thank you.

Where does it say stm32h745zi is dual core? I cannot find that information anywhere.

Left column, features - dual core.

CubeMX creates two projects together, for M7 and M4.0693W00000JMdfVQAT.png

I wonder how I managed to miss that information.

I can verify the same behaviour, as is also apparent from the xml files in ~/.stm32cubemx/databases/DB.6.0.30/db/mcu

Comparing the two microcontrollers, only the STM32WL55CCUx includes the question about single/dual core on lines 5-9.

Yeah, I compare two xml and found that question.

ST thinks, that mono-core mode for h745 is not possible or importnant.

Ok, no more question on this thread 🙂

Thank you.

Dookei
Associate

Hi,

I also would like to generate the makefile for the STM32H745 dual core. This option is also disabled.

Is there anyway around to generate the makefiles for both cores?