cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32WL55 + STM32H763 as a gateway

marcodaikoo
Associate II

hello

Can I use the stm32WL55 + STM32H763 as a gateway? If possible, any example?

tks

Marco Antonio

5 REPLIES 5
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @marcodaikoo and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

STM32H763? DO you mean STM32H723?

In fact, the only gateway example using an STM32 board is developed based on the NUCLEO-F746ZG with a LRWAN_GS_HF1 LoRa expansion board. But, develpping an example based on the STM32WL55 Mcu/shield and connected to an STM32H7 should be possible as follow:

• Create a local LoRa communication between the end nodes and the central (refer to the Local Network demonstration available on the STM32CubeWL).
  • Communicate the received Data through a Communication protocole (SPI,i2C,...) to the STM32H7.
  • The STM32H7 board should be connected to the internet (Through ethernet for example or an external WiFi module,...). And it should be integrating a firmware that you create to communicate the received data to a dashboard or a web server.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for the quick response.
My project would be to collect data from 50 node ends. based on the SMT32WLE5.
Send to a base or gateway based on the STM32WL55.
If I can do this from now on it's easy, I can use any microcontroller.
I tried Ping pong but I couldn't get the node ends to transmit without interfering with each other.
I found the Lorawan with LRWAN_GS_HF1 gateway very interesting.
but I would not like to use the LRWAN_GS_HF1, I would like to use the STM32WL55.
Is there any example, any literature about this?

For the Real concept of LoRaWan, @Andrew Neil have answered your question. For a Local concentrator as the one I've described before you have to create a coordination between nodes. For example, you may program your Concentrator STM32WL to send a coded request that only one end node can decode it and respond with his data. then, another decoded request is sent to another end node and ... until we finish all nodes. You may refer to those projects and this demo.

Best regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @marcodaikoo 

You need anyway to tell about the correct MCU part number you are using. There is no STM32H763.

There is only STM32H743, STM32H753, STM32H723 or STM32H733.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.