cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WBMMG: Code between USER DEFINED CODE comments for descriptors gets deleted with updates!

FDumontKeller
Associate III

Hi all, 

I think this is a bug of CubeMX. Everytime the .ioc gets updated for the project, the code written for the descriptor characteristics get deleted in the SVCCTL_InitCustomSvc() of the autogenerated custom_stm.c file.

I don't know if this issue is konwn or I am missing something while updating the .ioc file. 

Best Regards. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've been able to reproduce the issue using your .ioc file

So, I've escalated to the concerned team for correction on the upcoming releases under internal ticket number 181726.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @FDumontKeller 

Could you please test it again using the Last CubeMX, CubeIDE and CubeWB. I've tested this behavior, and everything seems to be fine on my side.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @STTwo-32 , 

I was working with the STM32CubeIDE 1.14.1 and 1.15.0 and this issue kept happening. So I downloaded and installed the 1.15.1 from scratch to test out if this version did not have the issue. 
I enabled a Custom Template in the STM32_WPAN with one service and one charateristic (just to test it out). 

Between these comment I wrote this: 

/* USER CODE BEGIN SVCCTL_Init_Service1_Char1/ */

/* Place holder for Characteristic Descriptors */

// Test text if gets deleted

/* USER CODE END SVCCTL_Init_Service1_Char1 */

Then I do the "Device Configuration Tool Code Generation" again and the comment I put before is gone.
I am working on a windows machine, could it be that this only happens in this version?

Best Regards.

Hello again

I'm not able to reproduce this issue. Could you send me your .ioc file. 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

Hi @STTwo-32

Sure, here I send you the .ioc and the autogenerated custom_stm.c file in which i have put the comments "// Test Text if gets deleted" in the lines 224, 247, 289 and 293. 

After doing "Device Configuration Tool Code Generation", only the comment in the line 289 will be overwritten, the rest of the comments stay in place.

Best Regards

I've been able to reproduce the issue using your .ioc file

So, I've escalated to the concerned team for correction on the upcoming releases under internal ticket number 181726.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

Thank you!