Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting Support for Nucleo-WL55JC Project

Zayoud
Associate III

Hello ST experts,

I hope this message finds you well!

I am writing to request your support for a project involving the Nucleo-WL55JC. I have successfully communicated between two Nucleo boards using RF communication with the SUBGHZ protocol (not LoRa).

Zayoud_0-1717417199023.png

However, I have encountered difficulties in establishing communication with other RF devices.

Could you please assist me in developing an application -similar to the ping-pong example- that can scan RF signals within the range of 150 MHz to 980 MHz?

Here you can find the last post.

@STTwo-32 

Many thanks in advance for your support.

Best regards,

Zayoud

14 REPLIES 14

@STTwo-32 wrote:

one for the High band (Nucleo-WL55jc1) and the other for the Low band (Nucleo-WL55jc2).

@Zayoud  see your previous thread:

AndrewNeil_1-1717594604008.png

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-wireless/rf-communication-with-nucleo-wl55jc-boards-seeking-guidance/m-p/673951/highlight/true#M19041

@Andrew Neil wrote:

@STTwo-32 wrote:

one for the High band (Nucleo-WL55jc1) and the other for the Low band (Nucleo-WL55jc2).

see your previous thread:

@Andrew Neil , @STTwo-32 

I tried to communicate the nucleo-32wl55jc1 with the nucleo-32wl55jc2 with the same configuration at frequency 315 MHz and it works!

Zayoud_0-1718028673323.png

I did this as an experience to know the difference between these two boards.

Also, this task is in my project plan:

• RF communication with two jc1 boards:
  • Difference between the jc1 and the jc2 boards:
  • RF communication with on of the RF devices:
  • Test the RF communication with all the RF devices
  • Build an auto-switching system to select between the high and the low frequency bands.

@Zayoud  wrote:

• Build an auto-switching system to select between the high and the low frequency bands.

probably a key thing which sets the different bands is the hardware components on the board - inductors, capacitors, etc ...

Hello @Andrew Neil 

@Andrew Neil wrote:

probably a key thing which sets the different bands is the hardware components on the board - inductors, capacitors, etc ...

Yes , I think so, but I am still working with this point:

• RF communication with one of the RF devices

And, that was my project plan.

I also found this application on GitHub: STM32WL-SubGHz-Phy-Rx-Hop 

Hello @Zayoud  

In fact, the STM32WLJCx can work out of the defined frequency but we can't guarantee that it works or not and if it works, the accuracy still not guarantee. So, it will be a good idea to use each product on his frequency limits. For your project, you can still contact as for any request. "Marahba bik".

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.