Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting Support for Nucleo-WL55JC Project

Zayoud
Associate III

Hello ST experts,

I hope this message finds you well!

I am writing to request your support for a project involving the Nucleo-WL55JC. I have successfully communicated between two Nucleo boards using RF communication with the SUBGHZ protocol (not LoRa).

Zayoud_0-1717417199023.png

However, I have encountered difficulties in establishing communication with other RF devices.

Could you please assist me in developing an application -similar to the ping-pong example- that can scan RF signals within the range of 150 MHz to 980 MHz?

Here you can find the last post.

@STTwo-32 

Many thanks in advance for your support.

Best regards,

Zayoud

14 REPLIES 14
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

Why are you starting a new thread?

Why not just continue in that existing one?

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-wireless/rf-communication-with-nucleo-wl55jc-boards-seeking-guidance/td-p/670487

because there I was looking for the technical details of the ping pong application and now I'm looking for a new application that could scan radio frequency signals in the range (150MHz-980MHz).

Then please mark the solution in the old thread.

@Zayoud  wrote:

I have encountered difficulties in establishing communication with other RF devices

So what difficulties, exactly, did you encounter?

What have you done so far to resolve those difficulties?

You're going to need to give details of what those devices are for anyone to be able to help!

This is not the main topic of this post. But, I mark the solution and for the difficulties I am not sure but I think that the configuration of the board and these devices are not the same.

@Andrew Neil wrote:

What have you done so far to resolve those difficulties?

I have not resolved these issues, which is why I am posting this thread.

@Andrew Neil wrote:

You're going to need to give details of what those devices are for anyone to be able to help!

As I said, this is not the main topic of the thread, but these devices use RF to communicate:

• in a range of 150-980MHz
    FSK modulation
  • Modulating signal used is Manchester
  • with different modulation rate and carrier frequency.

Please assist me in the main topic:

Could you please assist me in developing an application that can scan RF signals in the range of 150MHz to 980MHz?

What do you mean by "scan RF signals"?

Do you just want to see if there is any RF activity at all at each frequency?

ie, just measure RSSI at frequencies between 150MHz and 980MGHz?

Like a spectrum analyser?

yes, like a spectrum analyser, to have a physical vision of radio frequency communication to analyze and find threats in this communication.

So something like (pseudocode):

set starting frequency;

REPEAT:

measure rssi;

set next frequency;

UNTIL all frequencies done

Yes, I think that's the main idea of the app. We could also include features like scrolling and checking other settings like modulation rate and carrier frequency in the program.

Also, If we scroll through the frequencies like that, will it cause an error? (initialization issues).

Hello @Zayoud  

For such an application, I suggest you use two Nucleo-WL55jc one for the High band (Nucleo-WL55jc1) and the other for the Low band (Nucleo-WL55jc2). For each one, you have to set a list of frequencies that you want to check the activity. Then implement a switching mechanism to check the activity on each frequency (following the solution proposed by @Andrew Neil ).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.