cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Cube Mx Code generator (RAK3172 on STM32CubeIDE with STM32WL)

MGami.1
Associate III

We are using LORAWAN with STM WL series Microcontroller.

For that we have used predefined method of getting readily code of both the functionality.

I have shared that link below.

https://docs.rakwireless.com/Product-Categories/WisDuo/RAK3172-Module/Low-Level-Development/#rak3172-on-stm32cubeide-with-stm32wl-sdk-v1-2-0

After using above document we are able to get code with 0 errors and 0 warnings.

But when we open .ioc file and update something. It will change so many files and due to that we are not able to build the code succefully.

Any one have solution regarding the same?

How can I easily integrate any module (Like ADC, Timer, etc)

Regards

Manan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
IIRHO.1
ST Employee

Hello @MGami.1​ and welcome to ST Community

Please make sure to follow all the steps mentioned in your shared link. As mentioned in the following note you cannot update the .ioc via CubeMX unless you repeat all the steps in your configuration after the modification as mentioned in this note.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjOnfQAE.pnghope this is helpful

Issam

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
IIRHO.1
ST Employee

Hello @MGami.1​ and welcome to ST Community

Please make sure to follow all the steps mentioned in your shared link. As mentioned in the following note you cannot update the .ioc via CubeMX unless you repeat all the steps in your configuration after the modification as mentioned in this note.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjOnfQAE.pnghope this is helpful

Issam

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for the confirmation.

But when I worked with firmware version 1.0.3. Till now it seems like working fine. Means I am able to change the setting in the cubemx and it is reflecting without any other file modification in the cubemx.

Regards

Manan

Hi @MGami.1​  and Thank you for your feedback.

I have checked just for version 1.0.0 and 1.2.0 as mention in the link you shared but normally there was an improvement for the following version . thanks again for the information . please mention it as best answer to be diffused to everyone .

Issam

Dana Myers
Senior

I ported the ST example app to the RAK3172 as a re-generatable/re-configurale project. It's currently at FW V1.2, upgrading isn't too hard and I'll get to it soon.RAK patched the FW repository so regeneration blows away changes. danak6jq/RAK3172: Port of STM32WLxx example for RAK3172 (github.com)

Hi Dana,

Thanks for sharing this information.

So I have a doubt like what is the different between you shared code and that is available on the given link which i have attached in my first question.

Whatever you shared code is you get by RAK community or you have made it?

Regards

Manan

ST CubeIDE/CubeMX has an example application built-in, selected in the Cube options for the LoRaWAN stack ("End Node Skeleton"). So I created a completely new project with Cube for the STM32WLE5 CPU in the RAK3172, porting the GPIO and clock assignments. So I produced this myself using ST-provided framework code combined with RAK3172 code that I wrote myself.

This differs from the RAK-provided low-level code which patches the ST firmware repo; this is easily regenerated after making changes to the project in Cube.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjiXWQAY.png

MGami.1
Associate III

HI Dana,

Thanks for your reply.

I have seen your code, which is generated by you. I am impressed with so much light weight code.

How can I generate my own code? Can you provide me steps, As I am very new for the STM32cubeIDE and STM32CubeMX.

Hi Dana, are you saying that I can open the .ioc file in STMCubeIDE, change the region and App EUI, then when I save it, all the correct changes will be made into the code?

Yes, you may reconfigure the project with Cube and regenerate it.