cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No issues flashing STM32WB55 M4 via STM32CubeIDE but cannot flash coprocessor with BLE stack with STM32CubeProgrammer.

MSuva.1
Associate III

Here is the output of STM32CubeIDE on flashing the custom board:

On STM32CubeProgrammer I am not able to consistently get a connection (by hitting the connect button).

There are some instances if the configuration is set to "Shared" mode that the device connects but there is no way to write/read to the FUS or perform any flashing.

Here's some screenshots of the outputs I've seen while attempting to write to the FUS using Programmer:

0693W00000Sv0HrQAJ.png0693W00000Sv0I1QAJ.png0693W00000Sv0G1QAJ.png 

I've had a hard time figuring out how to approach debugging this issue since I have not been able to get consistent results.

Any advice or suggestions is much appreciated, thank you.

19 REPLIES 19

I have attempted to run "Firmware delete" and I am getting errors from that unfortunately. I've tried first without starting the FUS and a second time with an FUS start and and FUS read before attempting the delete. Here's the output of both:

Without start/reading FUS:0693W00000Sv9dhQAB.pngWith starting/reading FUS:

0693W00000Sv9dmQAB.png

I don’t recommend Firmware delete in FUS , this manage M0 core !

Is there where I should be erasing?

0693W00000Sv9ihQAB.png 

Edit:

I used the above chip erase and was able to successfully perform mass erase:

0693W00000SvABKQA3.png 

However, when I try to upgrade FUS after this I am still getting the same output:

0693W00000SvABoQAN.png

MM..1
Chief II

Seems FUS cant reconnect to Programmer app. Try change config to shared disabled .

If I have shared disabled then there is no communication.

0693W00000SvAfeQAF.pngPressing "Connect" in the above window with Shared set to "Disabled" yields no response from the software.

Maybe this need solve, on youtube video about FUS is disabled.

Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

Can you try to connect using STM32CubeProgrammer with the following parameters:

0693W00000SvsVOQAZ.png 

Then try the following steps:

> Perform a full chip erase

> Start the FUS

> Read FUS

> Perform a FUS upgrade

If it's not working, can you share the log from STM32cubeProgrammer with verbosity level at 3 and the option bytes configuration ?

Best Regards

I am not able to connect to the board at all with the "Shared" option set to Disabled. It has to be enabled or else pressing connect does nothing.

How would I go about exporting the option bytes? Or should I just take screenshots of the option bytes tab?

Thanks

Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

According to UM2237, the "Shared" option allows connection of two or more instances of STM32CubeProgrammer or other debugger to the same ST-LINK probe. So, if you can't connect to the board when the "Shared" option is set to Disabled, maybe your board is connected to another software.

Yes you can take screenshots of the option bytes tab.

Best Regards

It isn't connected to other software. I do not have this issue with my Nucleo-stm32wb55 dev boards which I assume would exhibit the same behavior if there was other software interfering.