cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot flash STM32WB55 dongle with wireless stack or perform mass erase.

MSuva.1
Associate III

Hi,

Every time I attempt to flash the BLE wireless stack to the chip or I try to perform a mass erase I receive the same error and the USB dongle disconnects.

0693W00000SwMRHQA3.pngFYI - I have successfully been able to upgrade the FUS version with no issue:

0693W00000SwMRqQAN.pngI attach the logs for both the Wireless stack fail and the chip mass erase fails.

Not sure how to export the options byte (incase they are useful information here) so some guidance on that would be appreciate also.

Thanks very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

Reading the log file, it is clear that you did not use the right load address as the CPU tried to erase protected sectors, starting from 0x080F4000, where the FUS is located.

So take a few more margin, I would say, 8 sectors less. This means loading the wireless stack at 0x080C7000 to avoid this issue.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

Hard to read the log when there is too much information.

Please use the lower verbosity level 1.

Regarding the option bytes, just do a screen shot of the secure ones. That should be enough.

Hey Remi,

Here's a copy of the log in verbosity 1 as well as a picture of the secure bytes:

0693W00000UFIg0QAH.png 

Thanks very much!

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

Reading the log file, it is clear that you did not use the right load address as the CPU tried to erase protected sectors, starting from 0x080F4000, where the FUS is located.

So take a few more margin, I would say, 8 sectors less. This means loading the wireless stack at 0x080C7000 to avoid this issue.

Thank you very much! This seems to have fixed my issue.

Does this solution mean that the address given in the documentation (release notes) is just wrong? This is what I was working off of:

0693W00000UFL4xQAH.png 

Device info:

0693W00000UFL9EQAX.png

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

En effet c'est étrange. quelle est la version de WB FW package utilisez vous? V1.13.x ou v1.14.0?

Apologies, it seems I was reading the V1.14 notes but trying to flash the V1.13 binaries. Thanks very much for your help I think this is closed now 🙂