cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lora RN2903a with STM32F745 .. when transmitted system commands the uart receive is shown below .set the baud to 57600 bps and DMA in circular for half word .

SG.4
Associate II

There is something missing upon receiving junk .How do we keep the count of how much response will be received in advance ? should any flags be set to check whether the response received is correct and clear upon not receiving proper response , bit confused . please help

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Community member​ ,

The chain of characters looks like an ASCIIZ string. You can ignore all the rest after the 0 character (\0).

Just using the UART won't let you know in advance the data size to be expected (OSI layer 1 protocol). The protocol over the UART (OSI layer 2 protocol, like HDLC for example) should provide the data size if necessary. Please check the LoRaWAN module's documentation for more information about the subject.

Otherwise, I recommend you to use the flow control. Take a look at this reference : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_control_(data)#Hardware_flow_control

To use it, you need to configure your module and enable the CTS and RTS pins.

As well, we provide some LoRaWAN applications under our WL Firmware Package.

These applications are provided under ( Path : STM32Cube_FW_WL_V1.0.0\Projects\NUCLEO-WL55JC\Applications\LoRaWAN )

I hope this help you.

BeST Regards,

Walid

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SG.4
Associate II

Hi @Walid ZRELLI​ ,

Could you please check up with other LORAWAN and Lora testing with the stm32f745 that I ve put.?

If you know any could you please help ?

What could be the issue?

thanks in advance.

Hello @Community member​ ,

The chain of characters looks like an ASCIIZ string. You can ignore all the rest after the 0 character (\0).

Just using the UART won't let you know in advance the data size to be expected (OSI layer 1 protocol). The protocol over the UART (OSI layer 2 protocol, like HDLC for example) should provide the data size if necessary. Please check the LoRaWAN module's documentation for more information about the subject.

Otherwise, I recommend you to use the flow control. Take a look at this reference : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_control_(data)#Hardware_flow_control

To use it, you need to configure your module and enable the CTS and RTS pins.

As well, we provide some LoRaWAN applications under our WL Firmware Package.

These applications are provided under ( Path : STM32Cube_FW_WL_V1.0.0\Projects\NUCLEO-WL55JC\Applications\LoRaWAN )

I hope this help you.

BeST Regards,

Walid

Hi @Walid ZRELLI​ ,

Well thank you for your help so much.

Thanks alot.

Good day..!! 🙂

Kind Regards

--

Shweta

You are welcome any time 😊