cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with STM32CubeIDE - Import STM32Cube Example. After importing it compiles, when doing simple HW change in CubeMX there are many compilation errors.

_JUhri.1
Associate II

Here is what I try to do:

• Imported SubGHz_Phy_PingPong to my workspace.
  • Double click on IOC to launch CubeMX and do simple HW change, in my case enabling EXTIO interrupts
  • After code generation there are many compilation errors
  • Can be reproduced with other examples too.

Errors are related to multiple definitions of many functions. I have noticed that additional lines were automatically added to makefile (-include Application/User/*) which probably causes this issue. Please suggest workaround.

19 REPLIES 19

@SHATE.1​  as "planning that can't wait!!!"😉 ... any feedback on promoted solution ? is it working for you ? Thanks for sharing.

Hello Cartu38 OpenDev

Firstable, i want to thank you very much for the time spending in my issu to help me

I will answer two things:

1 : concerning the project LORAWAN End Node in Nucleo Board. When i apply your solution by deleting  (Core & Target & App & User & Drivers & Middlewares folders) and i change the HW configuration and i build again, it's OK there's No errors and when i programm my Nucleo it's OK too i can connect to my gateway and i have data transmission and i noticed that the modification for example of the periode of transmission (initially fixed to 10s) and changed to 60s is effectively working !! SO i can say it's OK it work and it's great this solution and i thank you Cartu38.

2 : concerning the importation of the project to the STM32WLE5J8I as described, it's OK too i have 0 error too BUT there's NO LORAWAN Application on the project!!! NO MIDDLEWARES to in the file of the project but the SUBGHz is activated.

When i go to the LORAWAN midlewares and try to activate it it's OK but ther's no application existed and i have to configure the RF_CTRL1, RF_CTRL2 and RF_CTRL3. But when i build again i obtain 9 ERRORS and it's NO good because there's no application of LORAWAN like in the LORAWAN End_Node with Nucleo Board!!!

What do you think Cartu38 about that and is there a solution to conserve the application of the LORAWAN end node with only changing the MCU?

Thank you in advance

Hello,

I can report that solution with deleting Core & Target & App & User directories works for me. I was able to add e.g. I2C2 interface and communicate with LPS22HB pressure sensor. It took me some time since this is not my core activity, thank you for proposed solution and I think I understand what is behind.

Regards, Jan.

Cartu38 Open Dev

in my last message i said that the solution of deleting the folders and build again resolve the problem, yes it resolve the problem of building and i can connect to the gateway BUT i think it's not the ideal solution because i delete many files in the project. in fact when i follow the AN5406 of ST explaining "how to build a lora application with STM32CUBEWL" i don't find many file to configure as described so i think that ST have to find another way to fix it's problem

Thanks

@SHATE.1​ Argh ... you're right sounds device remapping is working fine considerign al IPs setup but we are loosing middlewares :sad_but_relieved_face: sounds like a bug here.

Such said just have to enbla back LORAWAN middleware comparing original example UI setup & remapped one. But yes my pain too ...

About lacking file to regenerating sample I've done some GIT based diff between original sample and generated one. Ok some delta as expected (because generated project is working) but according to me nothing is lacking ...

0693W00000BaSH6QAN.jpgOnly x2 deleted files (what you can recover) are helpers sysmem.c & syscall.c

@_JUhri.1​ Great if helping you.

Please tag such topic as answered helping community to dig shortly within helpful material.

Have you an idea Cartu38 to resolve this issue?

how to buils propoerly an end node lorawan application using the STM32WLE5J8I MCU but with all necessary files to configure the project BASED on the AN5406. because with the generated project using cubemx and after deleting (Core & Target & App & User & Drivers & Middlewares folders) we miss files necessary to configure the application if we want to follow the AN5406 like for example  \Projects\ \Applications\LoRaWAN\LoRaWAN_End_Node\LoRaWAN\target\lorawan_conf.h !!! lorawan_conf.h don't exist on the new arborescence

Thanks in advance

@SHATE.1​ fact is you have such files but have to get a bit of habit of some STM32Cube structure (there's couple of depending of project setup ... and yes I'm sharing your pain ...).

Discussing about lorawan_conf.h as example here it is: you've to look at includes ...

0693W00000BaYPpQAN.jpg 

Here in fact I assume you have all AN5406  is describing but maybe at another place ...

Hi @_JUhri.1​, @Cartu38 OpenDev​ 

Thanks for having reported. The issue was confirmed: The example build failed when regenerating code after changing some configurations through STM32CubIDE tool.

Actually this is due to the software pack STM32Cube_FW_WL_V1.1.0 structure (which is LoRaWAN_End_Node\STM32CubeIDE\Application\Core) not supported by the latest STM32CubeIDE version.

The problem was raised internally to be fixed as soon as possible. I'll keep you posted with updates.

Otherwise, no compilation errors were detected when starting project based on an example using STM32CubeMX standalone and and generating the code using EWARM toolchain.

You can find more details in this linked post.

Thanks for your contribution.

Khouloud.

Tsanz.1
Associate

I have already download the "LoRaWAN software expansion for STM32Cube" but I don't find the .ioc for any project. Where or how can I obtain it?