cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LORAWAN PROBLEM WITH CUBEMX

SHATE.1
Associate III

Hello

I noticed a strange behavior on CUBEMX when creating new project with STM32WLE5J8I MCU.

When i activate a LORAWAN application and i build the project, ther's many erros of compilation but when i go to the "project manager" and "Generate files" option and when i activate " Generate Peripheral initialisation as a pair of .c/.h files per peripheral" and i build again, errors disappear!!!!! i don't found the relation but it's strange as behavior and it make me not confident about cubeMX with STM32WL Serie.

My doubt was confirmed when i tried to import from example the LORAWAN End Node example to CUBEIDE. When i build directly, i have 0 error 0 warning everything OK and i can see on the serial communication the differents key and the communication with a gateway was successfully made!!! BUT when i open .ioc file of the project and want to change for example the periode of transmission of the message or change the HW configuration and i build again, i obtain 1124 errors!!!!! strange NO ?

The solution for this was proposed by a community member Cartu38 OpenDEV and i thank him again. it consist of deleting  ( Core & Target & App & User & Drivers & Middlewares folders) and build again and errors disappear by magic!!!!!

And now the more important for me because i made a custom board containing the STM32WLE5J8I MCU i try to import the Nucleo LORAWAN End Node application to my board!!

the solution proposed always by Cartu38 consist of opening with CUBEMX the .ioc of the eND Node application and change the MCU of the nucleo board by the STM32WLE5J8I with the functionality of CUBEMX. it's OK i made this but when i build the project there's 0 error but i lost the LORAWAN Application and when i activate the LORAWAN i had 9 errors with NO End Node LORAWAN application like in the Nucleo board.

So please can you find me a solution because there's NO TUTORIAL to learn HOW creating LORAWAN End Node easily!!! the only thing is the AN5406 and it's evident for a beginner in development.

For the other serie of MCU it's easy to find a video on youtube explaining how to configure each part of the MCU but with teh STM32WL serie ther's nothing!!!!

Thank you in advance

1 REPLY 1

Hello @SHATE.1​ ,

As discussed via private messages, the issue is confirmed (the build failed when changing some configurations of LoRaWAN_End_Node example through STM32CubIDE tool) and it has been reported internally to be fixed as soon as possible.

I'll surely keep you posted with the updates.

I excuse again for the inconvenience that this issue has caused.

Otherwise no compilation issues were detected when starting the LoRaWAN_End_Node project using STM32CubeMX standalone and generating the code using EWARM toolchain.

I've tried to sum up the steps to create the project based on LoRaWAN_End_Node example using STM32CubeMX tool as well as the process to import the previously-saved configuration to STM32WLE5J8I MCU in the attachment below.

In case your question is answered, please close this post by clicking the Select as Best button on my reply . This will help other members of the community find this response more quickly 🙂

Do not hesitate to raise any issue/feedback.

khouloud.