cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the NUCLEO-WL5JC (MB1389) schematic, is the RFO-LP pin connected to a resistor or an inductor?

Levan
Associate III

Hi all,
The STM32WLE MCU's wireless part features two output pins, one for high power and another for low power.
In the schematic diagram, both of these pins are linked to inductors: RFO_LP connects to L10, and RFO_HP connects to L9.
It's worth noting that in the L9 position on the schematic, there is a 0-ohm resistor.
After reviewing alternative schematic versions, such as the lowband variant, I observed that both pins are associated with inductors, but their part numbers correspond to 0-ohm resistors.
Can someone clarify whether L9 should contain an inductor or a resistor, and if it's an inductor, what should its nominal value be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Levan and welcome to the ST Community 😊

the L9 connected to the RFO_HP contain always a resistor (for both High and Low bands and for both revisions (the D04 and the E02)). But, for the L10 wish is connected to the RFO_LP contain a resistor for the Low band revisions and an inductor for the High band revisions. For more details about the components, i suggest you take a look at the Bill of materials of the board reference you are looking for. 

Best regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Levan and welcome to the ST Community 😊

the L9 connected to the RFO_HP contain always a resistor (for both High and Low bands and for both revisions (the D04 and the E02)). But, for the L10 wish is connected to the RFO_LP contain a resistor for the Low band revisions and an inductor for the High band revisions. For more details about the components, i suggest you take a look at the Bill of materials of the board reference you are looking for. 

Best regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.