cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't run or debug my CM0+ with NUCLEO-WL55JC1.

HPERNET
Associate II

I have no problem to flash or debug the CM4 of the board. But when I'm trying to flash the CM0+ this error occurred :

Error in final launch sequence:

Failed to start GDB server

Failed to start GDB server

Error in initializing ST-LINK device.

Reason: (255) Unknown. Please check power and cabling to target.

This informations are show on the consol :

STMicroelectronics ST-LINK GDB server. Version 5.9.1

Copyright (c) 2021, STMicroelectronics. All rights reserved.

Starting server with the following options:

Persistent Mode      : Disabled

Logging Level       : 1

Listen Port Number     : 61234

Status Refresh Delay    : 15s

Verbose Mode        : Disabled

SWD Debug         : Enabled

Target unknown error 19

Error in initializing ST-LINK device.

Reason: Unknown. Please check power and cabling to target.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Louis AUDOLY
ST Employee

Hello all,

Thank you for your interest in dual core projects.

There is an incompatibility with STM32CubeIDE v1.9.0, and the STM32Cube_FW_WL_V1.2.0 so I suggest you to use the STM32CubeIDE v1.8.0 version to debug a dual core project.

I see in HPERNET comment, the listen port number if not right, for the CM4 it is set to 61234, and for the CM0PLUS it have to be increased at least by 3. I use 61238 and it works well on my side.

You can refer to the AN5564, Figure 10. ST-LINK GDB server debug configuration (5 of 6), it is specified just above that you need to increased the port number at least by 3.

We are working on this issue with STM32CubeIDE v1.9.0, and we will let you know when we have a fix. In the meantime, please use STM32CubeIDE v1.8.0.

Let me know if you succeed in debugging your projects

Hope it helps !

Regards

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Javier1
Principal

did you removed or changed any of this jumpers?

0693W00000GWaV8QAL.png 

How do you know if the board is not broken?

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk

I just tried to connect those pin like its show on this picture (following the youtube tutoriel of STMicroelctronic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt_A0JO7E_8)

0693W00000GWb3tQAD.png

HPERNET
Associate II

Hello,

I just try it on a new board with the example code give by ST and I have the same error...

0693W00000HnvSwQAJ.png 

I have this configuration :

0693W00000HnvTQQAZ.png 

Is anyone have an idea about why I cant flash my MO+ ?

Or do you have some ressources that I can use to make my configuration ?

Thanks

Hugo

KWell.2
Associate

Hi Hugo,

Did you find a solution for this problem? I'm having the same issue.

Kind regards

Kellie

malarab
Senior II

Hi guys

does any body find the solution ?

i have the same problem :(

Thank's

Sincerely

KWell.2
Associate

I managed to resolve this - but I did 4 things at once so not sure which fixed the problem.

From https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/nucleo-wl55jc.html# I ran:

1. STSW_LINK007
  2. STSW_LINK009
  3. Rolled back CubeIDE from 1.8.0 to 1.6.0
  4. Checked the gdb server was allowed through my Windows firewall.

I suspect it was reverting to a previous version of the CubeIDE software that resolved my issue.

HPERNET
Associate II

Hi,

I still can't flash with stm32 cube ide but I manage to flash it using stm32 programmer by ereasing the memory and program the flash using elf or binary files.

You can check my post on stack overflow

​https://stackoverflow.com/questions/71223005/cant-flash-cm0-core-in-nucleo-stm32wl

Louis AUDOLY
ST Employee

Hello all,

Thank you for your interest in dual core projects.

There is an incompatibility with STM32CubeIDE v1.9.0, and the STM32Cube_FW_WL_V1.2.0 so I suggest you to use the STM32CubeIDE v1.8.0 version to debug a dual core project.

I see in HPERNET comment, the listen port number if not right, for the CM4 it is set to 61234, and for the CM0PLUS it have to be increased at least by 3. I use 61238 and it works well on my side.

You can refer to the AN5564, Figure 10. ST-LINK GDB server debug configuration (5 of 6), it is specified just above that you need to increased the port number at least by 3.

We are working on this issue with STM32CubeIDE v1.9.0, and we will let you know when we have a fix. In the meantime, please use STM32CubeIDE v1.8.0.

Let me know if you succeed in debugging your projects

Hope it helps !

Regards

Hello,

Thanks for your anwser (sorry for the long time no responding I just get back on this project...)

It works well using STM32CubeIDE V1.8.0 thanks. Do you know when this is going to be fixed on V1.9 ?

Best Regards