cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware update OTA : STM32WL and NlueNRG-2

malarab
Senior II

Hello,

I am using the STM32WL55 with the BLUENRG-2N.

i need to add the Firmware update OTA capability using the Bluetooth (BLUENRG-2N)

the examples of FUOTA for STM32WL are based on LoraWAN protocol ... so it is not what i looking for.

Do you have any examples or documentation (application note or ...) that can help me to make my application ?

Thank you,

Sincerely.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
malarab
Senior II

i have make finally my custom bootloader.

the entry point of the code is the bootloader (CM4 only),

if there is new app on the eeprom, the code jump to the existing app on the flash (executing CM4 and CM0PLUS)

the application (in CM0PLUS) receive the new fw by Bluetooth with the BlueNRG-2 and save it on the EEPROME (for booth cores)

then the app jump to the bootloader again to download the new firmware from the eeprom to the flash

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @malarab 

I suggest you to take a look at the AN4869 and AN5463. they may help you.

PS: STM32WL and BlueNRG-2 are using different technologies.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

malarab
Senior II

i have make finally my custom bootloader.

the entry point of the code is the bootloader (CM4 only),

if there is new app on the eeprom, the code jump to the existing app on the flash (executing CM4 and CM0PLUS)

the application (in CM0PLUS) receive the new fw by Bluetooth with the BlueNRG-2 and save it on the EEPROME (for booth cores)

then the app jump to the bootloader again to download the new firmware from the eeprom to the flash