cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example of BLE application running under STM32CubeIDE

SMako
Associate III

Hi,

Does somebody have any application notes or some articles, that describes, how to run BLE example under STM32CubeIDE and debug it there?

--

Best regards,

Sergii

7 REPLIES 7
MMitc
Associate II

I was able to build this https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/fp-sns-motenvwb1.html

The code seems good. But you can't open the MX and change anything without it breaking. See: Regenerating code for MOTENV1_IKS01A3_WB55RG example destroys project

SMako
Associate III

Ok, thanks. But i have an issues with it as well. In general i cant get BLE working for now..... I have evaluation kit P-Nucleo-wb55. And custom board. And for now i cant find any example, that will allow me to see BLE device from my smartphone.

I have compiled this example and flashed co processor with stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_fw.bin. Flashed example to the board (but sensors were not connected). Board still is not visible by BT.

Do you have any ideas?..

MMitc
Associate II

That app won't run the BLE unless the sensor board is plugged on. If the green LED flashes, you should have BLE.

ota-s
Associate II

Hello, excuse me from the side.

I posted it because it was very similar to the symptoms of my device and I wanted to sort out the situation.

1. Confirmed that it is possible to connect to ST BLE Sensor using application project [BLE_p2pServer].

2. On the other hand, when using the application project [MOTENV1], the device cannot be found in the [Connect to a device] menu of ST BLE Sensor.

Remarks

・ The application project [MOTENV1] cannot be edited because the code capacity exceeds the upper limit.

・ Wireless stack has downloaded [stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_fw.bin]

・ ST BLE Sensor version is 4.4.4

I think I'm probably suffering from the same symptoms as you, so let's share wisdom and lead to a solution.

Thank you.

SMako
Associate III

Hi, i slightly modified it and got it working without sensor board at EVK. Now i am trying to get it working at my custom board and i have an issues during co processor FW update.

When i am flashing FUS and FW file i am getting an error:

0690X000009k4eNQAQ.png

I am trying to make the same at EVK - (evk has FUS version 1.02) - FUS file was updated with same error, but when updating FW - no error at EVK.

My custom board MCU has FUS version 0.503 . and i am getting the errors both for FUS and for FW,

Any ideas?

Thanks

SMako
Associate III

I found how to fix it, now both boards works OK :)

SMako
Associate III

Hi,

to be honest I am not so deep to this yet... Cant say anything for now