cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default LoRa sync word value

pho3nix
Associate III

What is the default public network mode in LoRa ping pong example? There is a function of RadioSetPublicNetwork which can be configured, but if we do not configure it at all, what will be the default mode? Public or Private?

pho3nix_0-1720597498393.png

Also, how can I set my own private syncword? I thought it doing like this, but compiler is generating implicit declaration error in SUBGRF_WriteRegister() function 

pho3nix_2-1720597922806.png

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That is what the RM says:

AndrewNeil_0-1720706730176.png

AndrewNeil_1-1720706758494.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @pho3nix 

the default network mode in LoRa ping pong example is the LoRa private network.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

The Ping-Pong example doesn't use a public network - it's just two devices send messages to each other.

Exactly but the default setting of the SYNCWORD is LoRa private network as indicated on the RM0453.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for your response, but how can I set my own sync word, default is 0x1424, but let's say I want to set 0x1122, how can I do that? Should I include radio_driver.h file and call SUBGRF_WriteRegister() directly, or there is any other better alternative out there? 

Hello @pho3nix 

To set the SyncWords values you have to use the function "uint8_t SUBGRF_SetSyncWord( uint8_t *syncWord );" available on the radio_driver.h.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

Thanks, but I have a confusion, what are the difference between these two register addresses

pho3nix_0-1720694139934.png

is REG_LR_SYNCWORD only used for LoRa, and REG_LR_SYNCWORDBASEADDRESS is generic, like is it common for LoRa, FSK and other modulation techniques? 

Exactly.

More details available on the register definition of the Chapter 5 of the RM0453.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

That is what the RM says:

AndrewNeil_0-1720706730176.png

AndrewNeil_1-1720706758494.png