cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMonitor 2.9.0 freezes after connection and does not read device

Ugilten
Associate III

Hi,

I just updated the CubeMonitor/CubeIDE/CubeProgrammer to the latest versions.

After doing this my old version of Transparrent Mode (for STM32WB10) does not compile anymore.

After creating a new project, and getting it to compile and run. I can now connect to my device through CubeMonitor-RF... sort of.

It reads the version information and reports "Command Complet" but it says

Unknown device
CM4 version: No information
CM0 version: No information

and when I try to read the HCI_READ_RSSI, the program freezes completely.

The following screenshot is just after connecting.

0693W00000QKw03QAD.pngI can debug the code and pause the execution, but it is not in any fault handler.

What can be wrong??? It was working under the last version

• CubeMonitor-RF V2.8.1
  • last version of CubeIDE (before 1.9.0)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ugilten
Associate III

I found the fault... The Serial2USB converter I was using was not wired correctly, causing the uart communication to crash 🤦�?♂�?

I still think it is weird that it does not recognize the device and the CM4/CM0 versions... But that I can live with as long as the rest is working 😁

Thanks @Christophe​ for your time 👍

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Ugilten
Associate III

I can see the CubeIDE version I am on now is V1.10.0, so it was working on the version before that one.

I just saw an update to version 1.10.1 of CubeIDE that says it avoids the fact that the migration might delete some file on the disk... I am guessing that is why I had to start a new project after updating to 1.10.0 :o)

Christophe
ST Employee

Hello Ugilten,

The FW10.0.1 should work in STM32CubeMon-RF V2.9.0, sorry for this drawback. In my side the FW1.10.0.1 is working (STM32WB55), please can you check the HCI_VERSION and the HCI_REVISION value.

HCI_VERSION = 0x09

HCI_REVISION = 0x004D

0693W00000QKwsyQAD.pngBest regards,

Christophe.

Hi Christophe,

I have the following values in the connection window

0693W00000QKwwHQAT.pngHCI_Version = 0x0B

HCI_Revision = 0xA97F

I just tried again this morning and now I got a different HCI_Revision (0x005F)

0693W00000QL4RMQA1.png

Ugilten
Associate III

I found the fault... The Serial2USB converter I was using was not wired correctly, causing the uart communication to crash 🤦�?♂�?

I still think it is weird that it does not recognize the device and the CM4/CM0 versions... But that I can live with as long as the rest is working 😁

Thanks @Christophe​ for your time 👍

Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

Hello @Ugilten​ 

Unrecognized device CMx versions issue will be solved in next release.

Thanks for reporting

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

@Ugilten​, new STM32CubeMonRF release-2.9.1 should solve the version issue: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001omRr0SAE

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.