cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMonitor-RF com port is not able to connect

YJ99
Associate II

Hi Community,

I tried to connect and use 802.15.4 sniffer function from CubeMonitor-RF app. I stopped at the very first step. Once I opened the CubeMonitor-RF program, it said I need to install wireshark, after install the wireshark, the warning message is not changed. What should I do? Also I know how to install the binary stm32wb5x_Mac_802_15_4_fw.bin into the M0 core, however, how I can install the binary Mac_802_15_4_Sniffer.bin? There is no information about the start address for this binary. Do we have to use FUS to install this binary? When I tried to this install with FUS, it failed.

How I install the "pyserial?" I am lost how to do this. 

Thanks in advance,

YJ

12 REPLIES 12
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @YJ99 

I think that you should take a look at the UM2288.

For the Pyserial, you will find on the Internet a lot of tutorials on how to install it.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi STTwo-32,

The document said " connect the STM32WBx5 Nucleo board to the host computer using the USB_USER connector." There are two micro-USB port and one is STLink port the other one is USER-USB port. Is the statement saying I have to connect to the USER-USB u-USB port. If I do, there is nothing happened.

Is it right we need to connect USER-USB not STLink-USB to use Sniffer?

Thanks,

YJ

Hi STTwo-32,

One thing I am still not sure is about the Mac_802_15_4_Sniffer_Nucleo.bin install. What is the start address for this FW and do I have to use FUS or just download the program into the flash?

Thanks,

YJ

The Mac_802_15_4_Sniffer_Nucleo.bin is the Nucleo Firmware. So, you have to download it using directly using CubeProgrammer.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi STTwo-32,

Is the start address would be 0x08000000? 

Any other option do i need?

thanks,

YJ

I think it should be 0x08000000 with no other requirements. 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

Hi STTwo-32,

thanks for the info. One more thing is that do i have to connect USB-USER or STLINK-USB to connect P-Nucleo board to the PC?

Thanks,

YJ

I should be STLINK-USB to upload a firmware using ST-Link on Cube programmeur.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

Hi STTwo-32,

Sorry, I think i was not clear on the question. To use CubeMonitor-RF, do i have connection on USB-USER in P-Nucleo board and PC's USB port. I need to use ST-LInk USB for all download and programming. But manual said like that. Thus, I like to make sure, but connecting with USB-USER will never work.

YJ99_0-1715714490784.png

thanks,

YJ