cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-LinkV3mini unable to connect, likely freezing when connected to MacOS 15.0.1.

WrenchInTheWorks
Associate

Hi All,

I've been using my ST-LinkV3mini for a few weeks now quite happily, until two days ago when it just stopped talking to my M3 MacBook Air (MacOS 15.0.1). I'm fairly sure I know what's happening, when I try to communicate between the laptop and ST-Link the ST-link crashes. Why I think this, the status LED stops flashing red and remains on constantly red as well as the error in Clion:

libusb: error [submit_bulk_transfer] bulk transfer failed (dir = Out): pipe is stalled (code = 0xe000404f)

After getting into this state If I try to reconnect I get this message:

libusb: warning [darwin_transfer_status] transfer error: device not responding (value = 0xe00002ed)

I then cycle power and the LED starts flashing again.

I have tired updating the firmware but the update tool in cubeProgrammer reports corrupt firmware. The strangest part is that it works completely fine on another (windows) laptop, including updating the links firmware but that still did not help. Unfortunately, I don't own that laptop that it does work on so It kinda needs to work on mine. I have already tired completely wiping all ST software off my laptop and reinstalling but that also did not help. I'm wounding if this is a MacOS permissions issue or driver problem causing the firmware on the ST-link to freak out but I would have thought that reinstating would have fixed that. I have also tested the USB cable which is ok and used a brand new STl-link mimi I borrowed form someone else which also does not work,

Any help or ideas would be very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Michael 

1 REPLY 1
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @WrenchInTheWorks 

Could you please take a look at this post. The discussion should answer your question.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.