Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does this warning mean?

Hwoo-
Associate II

Hi,

I am using touchGFX4.16.

I copied the project folder for backup.

When I tried to use touchGFX in the backed up project folder, an attached image warning appeared.

1) What does it mean?

2) What should I do to get rid of the warning?

0693W00000Kb4U5QAJ.png 

Best regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

I confirm I have the same message when I put a space in the path. So remove the space from your path.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

I think you have to remove spaces from your path.

"sono-RC-1 - 220225" contains spaces.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
SofLit
ST Employee

I confirm I have the same message when I put a space in the path. So remove the space from your path.

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

"1) What does it mean?"

It means exactly what it says: there are space characters - aka "blanks" or whitespace - within that path string.

"2) What should I do to get rid of the warning?"

Don't have spaces in you file or folder names!

It's also best to avoid other "special" characters.

It's a common thing; eg,

https://www.avrfreaks.net/comment/2048571#comment-2048571

https://www.avrfreaks.net/comment/1844411#comment-1844411

Hwoo-
Associate II

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Best regards,​

If your issue is now resolved, please mark the solution:

0693W000008y9fZQAQ.png

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Spaces in path can be cured by converting the path to equivalent "short path" - if the underlying Windows filesystem supports it. Try this to check.

If the short path can be created, start the Eclipse or other IDE from a small .bat file (after the project path is sanitized).