cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

warning: implicit declaration of function 'touchgfxSignalVSync'

kumaichi
Associate III

I'm trying to use touchGFX with an ILI9341 using SPI. I've gone through the steps to create my timer to call touchgfxSignalVSync() but I get the warning: implicit declaration of function 'touchgfxSignalVSync'.  Is there something that needs to be included in order to call the method?

I'm using STM32CubeIDE Version: 1.15.1 Build: 21094_20240412_1041 (UTC) and TouchGFX Version 4.24.0.

Kindest regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @kumaichi ,

I think the warning is because touchgfxSignalVSynch() is not declared. You can declare it in the driver for your display. 

There are plenty of TouchGFX Board Setups (TBS) that use SPI display interface. You can draw inspiration from them for your use case.

TBSs using SPI display interfaceTBSs using SPI display interface

I hope this helps you!
Don't hesitate to ask more questions

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @kumaichi ,

I think the warning is because touchgfxSignalVSynch() is not declared. You can declare it in the driver for your display. 

There are plenty of TouchGFX Board Setups (TBS) that use SPI display interface. You can draw inspiration from them for your use case.

TBSs using SPI display interfaceTBSs using SPI display interface

I hope this helps you!
Don't hesitate to ask more questions

Mohammad MORADI
kumaichi
Associate III

Thank you Mohammad, that worked.  Kindest regards.

@Mohammad MORADI ESFAHANIASL wrote:

I think the warning is because touchgfxSignalVSynch() is not declared. 

That's right: if you don't provide an explicit declaration, the compiler will create a default - or "implicit" - declaration.

This is standard compiler behaviour - not specific to TouchGFX or STM32

Glad to help!
Good luck

Mohammad MORADI