cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX on H7A3ZIQ 230x 'undefined reference'

kr36
Associate

Hi,
I have used TouchGFX on an F4 without any problems so far, except that the animations were a bit slow. Now I bought this H7A3ZIQ and when I add TouchGFX to the project, I get 230 'undefined reference' errors. Any ideas on how this is possible?

wtf_h7.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @GaetanGodart,

On the other nucleo (F401RE), I set everything as usual. I created the project in CubeIDE (1.15.1), set up the clock configuration, pinout, SPI, added my libraries, then selected the TouchGFX component and added a picture or something. It worked every time.

I tried the same method on the H7, (but with the newer 1.16.0 CubeIDE,) and it didn't work.

Eventually after my ~fifth failed attempt I gave a try to CubeMX (6.11.1). I created the project in it, set up everything I could, added touchgfx, then did everything else in CubeIDE and it worked. I don't really understand why, so if you can tell me where I can read about the official way to set it up, I would appreciate it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GaetanGodart
ST Employee

Hello @kr36 ,

What F4 were you using?
How did you add TouchGFX to that F4.

How did you add TouchGFX to your STM32H7A3ZIQ-nucleo?
I assume you did not follow a proper method, it seems you miss all of the framework files.

Regards,

Gaetan Godart
Software engineer at ST (TouchGFX)

Hello @GaetanGodart,

On the other nucleo (F401RE), I set everything as usual. I created the project in CubeIDE (1.15.1), set up the clock configuration, pinout, SPI, added my libraries, then selected the TouchGFX component and added a picture or something. It worked every time.

I tried the same method on the H7, (but with the newer 1.16.0 CubeIDE,) and it didn't work.

Eventually after my ~fifth failed attempt I gave a try to CubeMX (6.11.1). I created the project in it, set up everything I could, added touchgfx, then did everything else in CubeIDE and it worked. I don't really understand why, so if you can tell me where I can read about the official way to set it up, I would appreciate it.

I am glad you were able to fix your problem.

I don't know what really happened, but the "right" way to do it is to create a project from STM32CubeMX.
Here is the official documentation : board-bring-up 

Regards,

Gaetan Godart
Software engineer at ST (TouchGFX)