cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a custom stm32u599 with TFT display (MIPI interface)

Anassoumi
Associate III

Hi, I'm working on a new project in which I'm using a custom stm32u599 with a 5inch tft display with MIPI interface , I can't find much documentation about using MIPI or setting up such interface to work with touchgfx , can anyone provide some guidance about how i should get started ? thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Understand your screen documentation, clocks, line counts, porches, etc.

Understand ST's implementations in EVAL and DISCO/DK boards

STM32Cube_FW_U5_V1.3.0\Drivers\BSP\STM32U5x9J-DK\stm32u5x9j_discovery_lcd.c

The LTDC is the peripheral handling the rastering and delivery of the screen buffer, think continuous screen related DMA. The DSI pushes that over the wires, needs to have parameters match rates, needs to off-load the data quicker than it is coming out of memory. Porches/flyback don't need image data.

Look for ST App notes related to LTDC + DSI

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ST calls this DSI, the STM32 MCU support up to 2-lanes (1x clock, 2x data) and up to about 1 GBps (500 MHz per lane, perhaps arguably both edges of a 250 MHz clock), the amount of memory tending to limit the 16 or 24-bit colour depth resolution.

The physical size/dimension of the screen is of little relevance, it's the pixel count/resolution, and pixel clock which are important.

Thanks , my main issue now is using the touchGFX with a display that uses DSI  , any guide on how i should get started ?

Understand your screen documentation, clocks, line counts, porches, etc.

Understand ST's implementations in EVAL and DISCO/DK boards

STM32Cube_FW_U5_V1.3.0\Drivers\BSP\STM32U5x9J-DK\stm32u5x9j_discovery_lcd.c

The LTDC is the peripheral handling the rastering and delivery of the screen buffer, think continuous screen related DMA. The DSI pushes that over the wires, needs to have parameters match rates, needs to off-load the data quicker than it is coming out of memory. Porches/flyback don't need image data.

Look for ST App notes related to LTDC + DSI