cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX TextArea characters are often shown partially erased on the display

johnhague
Associate III

Hi all

I am currently developing a product that uses a TFT display.  The product uses the following:

STM32F469ZITx
TouchGFX v4.23.2
TFT Module 320 x 240, LTDC RGB565 (16 bits), ST7272
Very often, when displaying text in a TextArea, some of the initial characters look as though they have been erased, as shown below:

TextArea erased characters.jpg

The first word should read 'SAFETY'

Sometimes, this reads correctly, eg by cycling through my screens and back to this one.

All of the other items on the screens such as images, buttons, icons etc display with no problems at all.  It's just the TextAreas that are affected. The font used is Verdana, as supplied in TouchGFX.

Any help with this would be most welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JTP1
Lead

BTW what is this white object behind SAFETY text, it looks so unsharp and soft edge. Just think can it affect to the text also. The other object below looks very sharp.

Is there some common factor between working and non-working texts... or are all texts glicthed randomly ?.  Just some thoughts...

Br JTP

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

Hello @johnhague ,

Are you using the available TouchGFX Board Setup for your project or have you started a completely new project?
Are you storing your TextFlashSection inside external flash or internal one?

Best regards,

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Hi Mohammad

Thanks for replying to my post.

I only joined this project recently, so I have inherited the main code base.  However, it is a custom board, so I would assume that it was started as a completely new project. I will check when the person involved at the very start returns to the office on Monday.

As to your second question, we are only using internal flash at this moment,

Best regards,

John

Okay, I see. Just wanted to make sure that it is a custom board.

Based on the point that you made about the text correctly rendered after cycling through other screen, I would suggest adding a button which on the click invalidates the corrupted TextArea. It is not a solution, it is for testing purpose to observe the behavior of what is happening.

Please try that and update us with your findings.

Kind regards,

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Thanks for the response and idea for testing.

I have just tried that and when the erasing of the text area occurs, pressing my new button (which invalidates the area), does indeed see that area be drawn error-free.

Best regards,

John

johnhague
Associate III

Hi Mohammad

Do you have any thoughts on the results of the tests that I carried out?

Best regards,

John

Hello John

Can you show how you set for example this 'Safety...' text ? I mean is it wildcard buffer text or use text resources ?

Sometimes it seem to help if the text area is invalidated also before manipulating the text content especially when use some move or resizing- commands.

Br JTP

Hello JTP

Thanks for the response.

The 'Safety...' text is just a Text Area that has been defined in TouchGFX Designer and is fixed in nature.

Regarding your second comment, I do not manipulate this text whilst running the code.  It is set and displayed in the screen's View Base file, as:

InfoLabelSafetyChecks.setTypedText(touchgfx::TypedText(T_SAFETYCHECKSHEADING));

Best regards,

John

JTP1
Lead

Hello

I see. Maybe just add some extra invalidate-calls to setupScreen function as a temporary fix (if it works then).

Br JTP

unsigned_char_array
Senior III

Do you use cache? In that case you need to clear the cleaninvalidate the cache.

Kudo posts if you have the same problem and kudo replies if the solution works.
Click "Accept as Solution" if a reply solved your problem. If no solution was posted please answer with your own.