cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX on STM32F413H-DISCO Board

VDuch.11
Associate II

Is TouchGFX implemented on the 32F413HDiscovery Board? And if yes, how can I implement it? Because I tried in so many ways but either I have nonsenses errors, or I don't have the right screen size, and so it won't compile and run

11 REPLIES 11
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

What have you tested for now? How did you start your project?

We have not made a pre configured application template for the STM32F413 disco board, but you can still run TouchGFX on it. You will have to create a project from scratch from CubeMX. We have made a guide in the online documentation to help you through this process.

You can find the schematics and other important document here. You will also find some examples and demos for the F413H disco board in the STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.25.1/Projects folder. Those will help you to configure your CubeMX project. Once you have done this , follow this guide to enable the TouchGFX Generator in order to configure TouchGFX on your platform.

/Romain

Hi Romain,

thank you for your fast reply. I already tried this method with STM32CubeIDE and, I don't know why, some files in "TouchGFX" folder return me an error that says "No such file or directory", even though the file in that specific path exist. Moreover, I found on the internet that that could be caused by the fact that you didn't generate the code, but I generated it three times in order to avoid this problem, but it comes anyway.

Can you explain to me why it returns an error like this?

I will attach an image of my console with error, so you can understand better what is my issue

Yes that error usually appears when you have not generated code from TouchGFX Designer.

You say that you tried this method with CubeIDE, what do you mean by that?

VDuch.11
Associate II

What I mean by that is, instead of creating a project with SMT32CubeMX, I created a project with the CubeIDE, and then I added the software package, which is TouchGFX; after that, I build the project and the TouchGFX folder appeared. Then I opened from that folder the TouchGFX project and created a simple UI, and, after generating the code from TouchGFX and then, when I tried to build the project in CubeIDE, it gives me these errors

Then I suppose the errors come from the configuration. What modifications have you made outside of the additional software package? Are you using FreeRTOS?

For what regards configuration I just modified the screen size in the menù under the TouchGFX pack configuration, nothing more than that

I do not have a F413 disco board so I cannot debug or run a project on it. I suppose you just created a project with the preconfigured settings? When we develop ATs we generally set FreeRTOS as default so maybe give a try to the following settings ?

In additional software:

0693W000004ISNPQA4.png

In Middleware, enable FreeRTOS and add the following task in the "Tasks and Queues" tab.

0693W000004ISNoQAO.png

We now need to make sure the process function is called in the task handler: in the code, in main.c go to the void StartDefaultTask(void *argument) function and add MX_TouchGFX_Process(); in the user code section.

Have a look at the Generator User guide documentation to understand how it works and what else to configure if relevent.

/Romain

It didn't work, Romain, it gives me the same errors it gave me before enabling the FreeRTOS.

May I ask you: is it possible to send here or by my email the project you download into the board before selling it?

I noticed another thing: I tried to put the include lines that give me back the errors I mentioned, and the program will still give me an include error to the next included file, until I commented all include files and it gave me errors that the functions recalled don't exist. How is that possible?

Moreover, I tried to use F3, the shortcut to open the declaration file, and it finds the right file. It doesn't make any sense, does it?

In the pictures I attached, you will see that the program gives me the error on the second include, but only with the include that has "touchgfx/hal" in its name. Is that weird?

0693W000004Ia2eQAC.png