cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX Designer adds redundant line ending to .cproject file

unsigned_char_array
Senior III

TouchGFX adds a redundant line ending to .cproject file when clicking generate code even if nothing has changed.

This causes changes to show up in git and also makes merging and pull requests more complicated.

In STM32CubeIDE the line ending is removed after making any change to the project (and optionally reverting the change).

-<?fileVersion 4.0.0?><cproject storage_type_id="org.eclipse.cdt.core.XmlProjectDescriptionStorage">
+<?fileVersion 4.0.0?>
+<cproject storage_type_id="org.eclipse.cdt.core.XmlProjectDescriptionStorage">

I'm using TouchGFX 4.23.2, but the problem was also present in older versions. Using STM32CubeIDE 1.15.1, but older version had the same effect.

Please fix this.

Kudo posts if you have the same problem and kudo replies if the solution works.
Click "Accept as Solution" if a reply solved your problem. If no solution was posted please answer with your own.
5 REPLIES 5
GaetanGodart
ST Employee

Hello @unsigned_char_array ,

Thank you for informing us.

I see that you are not the only one experiencing this because there is already 2 kudos on your thread.

I have created an internal ticket and we will fix this.

Regards,

Gaetan Godart
Software engineer at ST (TouchGFX)

The issue appears to be fixed in TouchGFX 4.24.0. I didn't see it in the release notes though.

EDIT: called it too early. For some reason I wasn't seeing it for a while. But I confirm the problem is still present.

Click "Accept as Solution" if a reply solved your problem. If no solution was posted please answer with your own.

Good to hear.
I have made an internal ticket but it got closed so I assume it was already a known issue.

Either way, it is solved now.

Regards,

Gaetan Godart

The problem is back again.

Thank you for your feedback, I will see with the team.

Regards

Gaetan Godart