cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX on STM32WL55 in Dual-Core config

Erlkoenig
Associate III

Hi,

I would like to use TouchGFX on the STM32WL55 in Dual-Core mode, on the Cortex-M4 Core. After creating a dual-core enabled project, enabling the TouchGFX middleware, designing a minimal GUI in the TouchGFX designer I try to generate code from the designer but get the following error:

Post Generate Target
touchgfx update_project
Unable to locate <...>/WL-GFX-Test/CM4/WL-GFX-Test.ioc
Failed

Apparently the code generator looks for the IOC file in the wrong directory. Manually copying the file into this folder works, but then I get the next error:

Post Generate Target
touchgfx update_project
Unable to locate <...>/WL-GFX-Test/.cproject
Failed

Manually copying the CM4's .cproject file into the root project directory makes the code generation succeed. I then have to copy the modified file back into the CM4 directory.

However, there is an error in the resulting project setup. In the linker settings, TouchGFX adds the following library search path:

> "${workspace_loc:/WL-GFX-Test_CM4/Middlewares/ST/touchgfx/lib/core/cortex_m4f/gcc}"

The precompiled TouchGFX library uses FPU instructions, but the STM32WL55's Cortex-M4 does not have an FPU, so some GUI actions crash the controller. A workaround is to manually change the path to "cortex_m0", as the M0 code of course doesn't use FPU instructions. However this is inefficient, as no ARMv7M instructions are used anymore.

Manually copying the .ioc and .cproject  file and fixing the library search path for every new code generation step gets pretty tedious. Could these things be fixed in the TouchGFX code generator?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
MM..1
Chief II

Your folder issue is based on MX folder under root config (all multicore long time issue) . Try create your project from MX with other setup.

Second issue FPU you can maybe handle with change path to file in lib folder libtouchgfx.a instead float-abi-hard

Try create your project from MX with other setup.

What kind of setup can I use for this?

Second issue FPU you can maybe handle with change path to file in lib folder libtouchgfx.a

Is there a precompiled library that uses ARMv7M instructions without FPU?