cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TextArea doesnt show any text

Petr3
Associate III

I tried to show text via textArea, i put some string into translation field, i see the string in designer but when i ran it the text is not present. I tried similar thing with digital clock with same result. I tried define own typographies with or without wildccards and non generated texts but all with the same result. I tried it on real hardware, other things like images and buttons are visible but the text in textArea not. Should i call some method for rest of init textArea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Petr3
Associate III

Now it works! I unchecked Binary font files box in Config -> Text Configuration and all texts are visible in simulator and hardware.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Did you call:

textArea.invalidate();

after setting the string?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

No, i put initial value in the TouchGFX Designer only. I didn't change the string by my custom firmware yet. I can try call that in the method screenView::setupScreen()

TouchGFX version?

Petr3
Associate III

Petr3
Associate III

Now it works! I unchecked Binary font files box in Config -> Text Configuration and all texts are visible in simulator and hardware.