cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H747 LCD display issue

BTurc.2
Senior

When I flash some .bin the LCD doesen't work. It just display the a noise picture. With similar examples does work and with more advanced examples like the EmbeddedWizard it works too.

When does not work, every time display the same static image:

0693W00000aI7WEQA0.jpg

58 REPLIES 58
Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello all,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

I confirm the issue and I reported Internally.

Internal ticket number: 147459 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Sarra

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

ACapo.1
Senior

Hi Sarra,

Thanks for the info, so are we thinking these are not faulty boards but rather some issue with the HAL?

Thanks

Andy

I tested another one with a A225300354 and it still not working.

Hi Sarra,

I wanted to know if it is feasible to fix the screen problem. I bought the board to do a project for the university which has a deadline. It is to know if I have to return them due to lack of time. Could you please tell us how the issue is?

Thanks!

I met same question as you. TouchGFX works good, while AI-Vison shows noise picure

Hi @Az.2​ 

It is a problem with the ST BSP code with these new boards. There is nothing you can do about it till ST fix the software.

This fix has been in progress for 3 weeks or so.

If you really need to use this board then maybe look for an old one somewhere or just wait till they fix it.

Az.21
Associate III

Thanks a lot!

It seems hard to buy a old one since I cannot find someone or somewhere sells it.

Az.21
Associate III

when screen is noise picture, the image classification or person detection is working or not? Is it only screen not displaying picture?@ACapo.1 @BTurc.2 @Sarra.S

I'm not sure. It makes sense that it works. I wanted to try sending the image via USB so I don't have to use the LCD, but I never did it because I thought the problem with the LCD would be fixed soon.

It would be to combine the example of AI with that of the webcam. If I have time I'll give it a try and let you know if it works.

If you try it and it works for you, I would appreciate it if you could confirm it!

Az.21
Associate III

Hey Guys, GOOD NEWS!

​It's the screen hardware problem, I bought a separate screen (B-LCD40-DSI1 4" WVGA TFT LCD) from mouser, which is same type but can normally display.

↓ difference between default screen and separate screen
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjBnLQAU.png↓ package of screen module
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjBq1QAE.png↓ FP-AI-VISION demo:person detect
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjBprQAE.png